Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Newly acquired Kraft set

LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 493
My latest acquisition is a bit of a mystery to me. I'm not 100% sure what I bought or if all the of parts go together. The box is what originally caught my attention. It's a large Kraft mailer box, about double the size of the small 74 piece Kraft set No. 1. The brochure is a Samsonite 8006, which got me thinking this might be the 159 piece Kraft set No. 7. The bag of bricks is looks to be a 125 piece Kraft or Del Monte set. The bag is sealed with tape and has a 8029 brochure that's worse for wear. The box is too big for the bag of bricks which tells me there was a second bag or something got swapped.

I realize the photo is not the best, I'll see if I can take a better one tomorrow.
Fireheart

Comments

• LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 493
    So here are some better photos.
    The tape on the bag is similar to what is used in late era Samsonite sets. 

It's really hard to get a clear picture of the brochure while its in the bag.  The is best one I was able to get.  There are bits of gray paper floating around that look like ash, the bricks have been grinding up the paper. The 8029 brochure is printed on some the cheapest paper I've ever seen.  It's a miracle that any of them have survived for as long as they have. The bricks are just red, white and blue with maybe clear.  There are no wheels or other elements that should be in Kraft set No. 7.

A couple of photos to compare the box sizes.  The small box is what the 74 pieces Kraft No. 1 came in.  I'm disappoint the larger box doesn't have a dated post mark or any other numbers on the box.  Those could help identify it a little more definitely.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,538
    Paging @Istokg