[US] New Lego Star Wars at Toys R Us

scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
edited January 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
(for too much money of course...)

Attached some photos, saw a bunch of the new SW Lego at Toys R Us in Downers Grove, IL. Looks like a massive restocking going on for all sets. Didn't notice a lot else of interest though except a Super Heroes set "The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape" Not sure if that's new or not though.

Attached images:

Moved to Shopping USA/Canada by YC 1-25-12

Comments

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
    I saw those at mine as well. (Phoenix, AZ) I ordered mine when TRU was doing $10 off $50. I paid $4 less than MSRP and got 2 day shipping. I just got them this morning via UPS. I just put them together. I only got the Commando droid battle pack, Droid Escape, and Geonosian Cannon. I like them all, especially the new printing on C3PO.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Amazon has all of these but the Y-Wing for below MSRP. Free shipping to boot. Got mine in the mail yesterday.

On the topic of the Y-Wing... is it exclusive to Toys R Us for the moment? Amazon doesn't feature it at all, and Target and Wal-Mart by me don't even have a tag on their shelves for it.
    It's not listed on their site as an "R Us Exclusive". Maybe the other retailers passed on it.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I think the Y-Wing is an exclusive. The Lego Catalog calls it "Hard to find." The other exclusive is the Jedi Interceptor, which is only at Target (eventually).
    I'm going to get the Interceptor at Lego store on Monday. I have $10 in vip.
  • canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    where are the expensive sets. Im really only a fan of sets that cost more than 150. ( since these always keep their value)
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 621
    ^Usually those sets are the UCS or similar sets, and are usually only available online or at the LEGO stores. Since the SSD just came out a few months ago, I imagine the next UCS set would come out in August (per Huw's news post today).

Although, when the MF is $120, the standard sets are starting to get pricey too...
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Saw this at Wal-Mart today, pretty strange they are waiting until Feb 10th. They had about 6 of these pegged to the shelves.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    ^That's funny, I've never seen walmart promote upcoming sets before
    The Commando battle droid battle pack listing says "preorders sold out". I didn't know you could sell out of preorders.
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    The Commando battle droid battle pack listing says "preorders sold out". I didn't know you could sell out of preorders.
    then you underestimate the power of the force....

• hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 863
    Any sightings at Lego Stores? I've got a 10% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket and I was hoping to use it before it expires at the end of the month.
    Lego store will have them Jan. 30th
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Saw them all. I don't collect SW generally, but I want to pick up the planet sets and X-Wing. I'll wait for the LEGO Store, though. No TRU markup and my 10% Disneyland discount on everything.
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    @Ma1234: Care to explain what that Disneyland discount is? Thanks.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    I'm assuming it's the 10% off given to Disneyland employees.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ I think it's Disneyland season pass holders.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Yes, pass holders. Although I believe employees get it too.
  • doodlebirddoodlebird Austin. Texas. Member Posts: 85
    for Texas residents, check your local HEBplus. i saw a bunch of the new SW stuff at the north austin one today. tie fighter, x-wing, 3 planets, droid escape, and one of the new battle pack-y things.

for non-Texans, HEB is a grocery store.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2012
    @Ma1234: Care to explain what that Disneyland discount is? Thanks.
    Annual pass holders to Disneyland and Disney World get 10% off all LEGO Store purchases, except clearence.

Disney employees get an even better discount - 30% off.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    I would put in an application to Disneyland if they were around here if thats the case