Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Discounts at Amazon.com highlighting USED Amazon Warehouse prices

izxizx USAMember Posts: 36
In the last few weeks, I've noticed that the Amazon US discount posts/lists often latch on to and highlight USED sets available from Amazon Warehouse with Prime. This seems to happen when Amazon.com is out of stock. Here's an example from February 10:

The View All Discounts page reflects the incorrect price with no note that this is not new or (technically) from a Marketplace seller.

Another current example from the discount list with Newt's Magical Creatures (75292):

If you are using the Amazon product advertising API behind the scenes, I suspect you need to add a check to verify that the Name field under MerchantInfo is "Amazon.com" (requesting that resource if necessary) and perhaps also that Value under Condition is "New".
panchox1AstrobricksBumblepantsPyrobug

Comments

• panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 330
    Thanks for bringing this up in such detail. sometimes the discount list shows a great price but since it was used, there was only one available and it's long gone by the time I hit that link.
    izx
  • izxizx USAMember Posts: 36
    edited February 12
    panchox1 said:
    Thanks for bringing this up in such detail. sometimes the discount list shows a great price but since it was used, there was only one available and it's long gone by the time I hit that link.
    Yes, that's another side effect. If you use Chrome or Firefox, consider installing the Keepa Amazon Price History plugin. It lets you set email/screen popup alerts for when items reach a specific price (new/used from warehouse deals/used from marketplace). Works great for retiring/recently retired items which often pop briefly back in stock. e.g. the Saturn V has been coming up regularly for $87 like-new/very good from Warehouse Deals. I got one and it came in the outer brown box (which had return stickers, etc.)--the inner set box was pristine with seals intact.
    panchox1
    edited February 17
    @Huw could you please look into this bug when you have a moment? It's quite annoying to see a "deal" pretty much every day and then find out it's either used or unavailable. (Same issue with the @BargainWatchNA tweets)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,619
    I can't do anything about the 'long gone' problem but I'll look into the condition issue.

We show 3rd party sellers in the listings because occasionally they have good deals so I wouldn't want to exclude them totally.
    Astrobricksizxgmonkey76
    edited February 18
    Huw said:
    I can't do anything about the 'long gone' problem but I'll look into the condition issue.

We show 3rd party sellers in the listings because occasionally they have good deals so I wouldn't want to exclude them totally.
    Thank you! Of course, marketplace listings--including used from Warehouse Deals--that are labeled as such are very much appreciated (that's why they tend to be 'long gone'!). Perhaps you could also look into having these used/Warehouse Deals items labeled Marketplace-[Condition] in the detailed list?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,444
    The top three UK ones were all warehouse deals today. I didn't bother checking others.
    izx