Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

VIP Rewards Updates

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,110
    edited May 1
    Legoboy said:
    ^ I’m confused.  I have half a dozen of those sticker sheets and a few polys.  Is the sheet rare because the individual stickers haven’t been laser cut?  So it’s just one larger sticker?
    Coming soon to VIP sweepstakes:

A rare UCS MF box that hasn't been folded.
    A rare sealed Boba Fett polybag that doesn't have the figure inside.

gmonkey76monkeyhangerAstrobricksSumoLego
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 652
    This now aswell
    stluxFireheart
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 611
    edited May 1
    ^ I noticed it on the LEGO 4th May email this morning, but could not see it on the VIP page  till just now... nice!
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 376
    only 5 left !
    now sold out.
    Fireheart said:
    ^ I noticed it on the LEGO 4th May email this morning, but could not see it on the VIP page  till just now... nice!
    I had to beg for more points.. but

Glad I missed out in the 3.5k points droid poly bag now 😉
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,348
    Did a quick scan and doesn’t seem to be available in the US? Anyone else had any luck?
    samiam391 said:
    Did a quick scan and doesn’t seem to be available in the US? Anyone else had any luck?
    It didn’t show in the UK on rewards till 10:00 am BST,  and after a email with it on for the 4th May came out...
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 439
    Bloody hell, they really don't make it easy do they.  Available for about an hour.

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,600
    Funny thing I got the email which takes me to the English site, but the reward zone takes me to the American site.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,314
    edited May 1
    These exclusive rewards appearing in the middle of the morning on weekdays is a real kick in the shins. I’m still working full time from home so unless I happen to take a coffee break when the deal’s available I won’t see it until it’s gone. I can’t just keep browsing the VIP site every day in case something appears, I wouldn’t get any work done. 

I don’t mind submitting the occasional small amount of points for sweepstakes but that book was a way better reward that wasn’t there last night! 
    hantot
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 272
    These exclusive rewards appearing in the middle of the morning on weekdays is a real kick in the shins. I’m still working full time from home so unless I happen to take a coffee break when the deal’s available I won’t see it until it’s gone. I can’t just keep browsing the VIP site every day in case something appears, I wouldn’t get any work done. 

I don’t mind submitting the occasional small amount of points for sweepstakes but that book was a way better reward that wasn’t there last night! 
    yep, if rewards are mega limited they just need to run them as sweepstakes, this is another cool item i've missed for a similar reason too
    Well I managed to post the book on here and still miss out on getting one, not sure how I managed that 😂
    FireheartKungFuKennyBrainsluggedThe_RancorSumoLego
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,440
    I've had that book in my Amazon basket since it came out, waiting for a good price on it. Then I noticed last week it was OOS, and realised it had been out for a year (maybe two). Thought I'd better get my arse in gear and buy it so I got it off ebay just last week for £12, I think. Just wanted it for the minifigure (despite really disliking The Last Jedi). Now to wait for a good price on the book with the new Darth Maul.
    sonatine01
    I agree with above... I missed, let me see now...... batpod, forma skins, mini droid commander....... it's almost like the classic 80/90's UK TV show Bullseye --- "come and look what you could have won..."
    sonatine01
    ^^ Same here, the difference being I couldn’t remember if I’d bought it or not and didn’t want 2 copies. Guess as I couldn’t find it I don’t have a copy and will have to keep an eye out for it.

^ Likewise although couldn’t afford the bat pod and formal skins at the time.
  • mtpelepelemtpelepele Virginia, USAMember Posts: 24
    Is that a white rangefinder?????
    gmonkey76
    Unfortunately it wasn’t the latest helmet mould so no extra white rangefinder! ;) It’s kind of built-in with the old helmet design
    gmonkey76BumblepantsSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,248
    This is silly to me.
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 200
    I refuse to squander my precious points on sweepstakes that I won't win.
    panchox1gmonkey76BumblepantsdrdavewatfordSumoLego
    VIP reward points use to be so easy, you build up a nice batch , and then get a LEGO set new release for next to nothing, thinking you got a right bargain.
    Now with the VIP rewards, you still build the points up, but you are scared to spend them, just in case a super hot VIP reward is released, and gone in minutes.. 

Is this brilliant marketing from LEGO? Knowing that many will save them and not spend, to get hold of a rare GWP, or a LEGO employee (king of LEGO SW design although he is) signed standard book...
    Or some people will want to buy from [email protected] only and not for 10% cheaper on another.com thinking they need the points just incase a VIP reward is the mother of all rewards.. and out weights the savings they would have made..
    Now even double VIP points promotions is a definite buying day.. As I say brilliant marketing LEGO. 
    WatfordScottyMsonatine01gmonkey76
    Fireheart said:

Is this brilliant marketing from LEGO?
    I've gone back to doing pretty much what I was doing before the change. Buy from elsewhere for most purchases. B+P orders obviously through LEGO, and only buy from the LEGO website when there is a decent offer/freebies that cannot be had elsewhere or prices are very good. In store only for PAB cups / BAM (or again decent freeies). Any points go to money off vouchers that I tend to use on the next order and not save up. 

I don't bother with sweepstakes (I won't win and I'd refer the money off) and gifts (if decent, they'll be out of stock within the hour).

So for me, it is just slightly more of a pain to have to request then use vouchers, but it is just a couple of quick clicks so not that big a deal.
    klintondrdavewatfordgmonkey76maniacobi_gpxchrisPate5346AyliffeCymbeline
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,490
    CCC said:

I don't bother with sweepstakes (I won't win and I'd refer the money off) and gifts (if decent, they'll be out of stock within the hour).
    Pretty much. If I can get reduce the cost of a set which isn't gonna be discounted anywhere (like disney castle) it's fine.
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 272
    I complained about the two per person limit for the mini droid commander when stocks were so limited it sold out in hours, this was my response

Thanks for the reply. I can certainly pass your feedback along about the limit. I'm not sure why the promo didn't show up at first for you as we did have it available for redemption for a week before it sold out.

guess we all missed it being there for a week
    No way it was there for a week, it was around 2 to 3 hours.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 876
    No way it was there for a week, it was around 2 to 3 hours.
    It was longer than that, I grabbed it one evening after I saw it mentioned in an Instagram post, then the morning after people on here were talking about it still being available. Certainly not a week though.
    hantot said:

Thanks for the reply. I can certainly pass your feedback along about the limit. I'm not sure why the promo didn't show up at first for you as we did have it available for redemption for a week before it sold out.

Maybe that was for the VVIPs.
    Black card holder right here and I didn’t see it ;)
    gmonkey76
    Anyone had their Signed visual dictionary yet ?  got mine today and it's shrink wrapped so no idea how it can be signed, don't want to open to find not signed then can't return as easily ? can anyone confirm theirs was tightly shrinkwrapped but was signed.. eg. how would you know 
    Maybe he signed them in bulk on the production line.
    Anyone had their Signed visual dictionary yet ?  got mine today and it's shrink wrapped so no idea how it can be signed, don't want to open to find not signed then can't return as easily ? can anyone confirm theirs was tightly shrinkwrapped but was signed.. eg. how would you know 
    I made the school boy error, and added the VIP code for this to the order of the Razor Crest.. so mine hasn’t shipped as yet, I might get it in September 😏, nice to hear its shrink wrapped though! Nothing like having something as good as this, and can not verify if it’s signed or not, unless you open it...
    To check or to not check, very hard dilemma! 
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,533
    Somebody needs to take one for the team, open theirs up and check!
    FireheartKungFuKennyReesesPiecesSumoLegodavetheoxygenman
    What is interesting is the product sticker on the back (barcode etc) is stuck over the original sticker, but that original sticker is still on the outside of the shrinkwrap
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,440
    So you're telling me I can just shrink wrap my copy of the book and sell it for a fortune as a signed version? Good to know.....
    WatfordScottyMpanchox1560Heliport
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
    edited May 12
    So you're telling me I can just shrink wrap my copy of the book and sell it for a fortune as a signed version? Good to know.....
    Except yours and @Shropshire’s are quantum entangled, so only his matters. 
    Or something else entirely. Quantum mechanics is confusing. 
    But has anyone opened it yet, that’s the big burning question ..
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,248
    Ink that disappears when exposed to the air... diabolical!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,790
    If they're all going to stay sealed up, I'm going to buy a heap of standard ones and sell them as signed.

Who's going to know, right?
    KungFuKenny
    Legoboy said:
    If they're all going to stay sealed up, I'm going to buy a heap of standard ones and sell them as signed.

Who's going to know, right?
    Just copy his signature off your signed Leicester Square MF.. just make sure you copy the right one ;)
    Just bumping on off chance someone has opened it ?
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 463
    I'm not wasting points on lotteries, end of story.
    karritgmonkey76BumblepantsmonstblitzKungFuKennySumoLego
    This is one of the few instances, where I can only imagine value goes up having been opened.  Any buyer purchasing for investment would need confirmation it’s been signed and without any form of indication outside, the only way to confirm would be to open.
    The_Rancor
    I came to same conclusion yesterday on basis of if ever sold it (unlikely) no one would take "trust me, I can't show you but it is signed.....".. so I opened mine yesterday but was careful to only open a slit to remove that one book from the slip cover.
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 622
    I came to same conclusion yesterday on basis of if ever sold it (unlikely) no one would take "trust me, I can't show you but it is signed.....".. so I opened mine yesterday but was careful to only open a slit to remove that one book from the slip cover.
    And? Was it signed?!?
    KungFuKenny
    I'd be having a fair old rant and moan if it wasn't.... yes it is, i'll post a pic later
    I'm waiting for the rare signed with gold ink version.
    FAKE!

Should never have opened it.
    FireheartdrdavewatfordBumblepantsklintongmonkey76ReesesPieceskhmellymelSumoLego