Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

VIP Rewards Updates

Comments

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
     There is a reward offered for #75522 Mini Boost Droid Commander for 1350 VIP points.  Limit 2.  The code arrived in my email.  
    I put in my order today! Hope they don’t forget to add it in the box. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,601
    With SDCC being cancelled I wonder if the figures or sets will end up as a reward or held till next year?
    Pyrobug
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,318
    That would be awesome! People might enter if there was more than 1 single prize available in the draw too.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,862
    Guessing (hoping) for a raffle via VIP for a giveaway (which IMO is a heck of a lot more 'fair' than trying to go to one place and one time in the entire world to get a chance to get the figure you want or expecting to buy one from someone who is trying to pay off their SDCC trip).
    Hoping for that and such a good response that LEGO does that in the future instead of making such exclusives for the fortunate few that can get to SDCC and win one.
    Pyrobugcatwrangler
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 200
    Didn't realize I could claim the Droid reward without actually placing an order right away.  Thanks for the heads up, I now have a code for one.  Trying to see if I can get an order together over the next few days. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,115
    SumoLego said:
    iwybs said:
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Maz is "played by" Shah and "voiced by" Nyong'o?
    There are on-set photos of Lupita Nyong'o in the motion capture gear.

But yes, this promotion is very much in the gray area of being deceptive or atleast appearing to be something it isn't.  And it isn't Lupita Nyong'o.
    Both David Prowse and James Earl Jones sign photographs of Darth Vader. Is this really that different? Same with Sebastian Shaw although at least he tends to sign only the un-masked photos, where you can actually see his face.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,259
    edited April 20
    My short answer is that David Prowse, Sebastian Shaw and JEJ are each credited as playing Darth Vader.  Their stunt doubles, stand-ins and/or motion capture doubles are not.  Similarly, Lupita Nyong'o is credited as Maz.

Thus, if I'm trying to sell a product or a giveaway touting the 'actress that played: ___________' in a movie, I think it is definitely in the gray area if I'm referring to someone other than the credited actor.
    gmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    My short answer is that David Prowse, Sebastian Shaw and JEJ are each credited as playing Darth Vader. 
    James Earl Jones wasn't credited in ANH and ESB, only for ROTJ of the original trilogy.
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 272
     There is a reward offered for #75522 Mini Boost Droid Commander for 1350 VIP points.  Limit 2.  The code arrived in my email.  
    2 per person is a silly limit, should have been 1. checked multiple times (as i'd heard it was appearing) on Sunday,wasn't there first 3 times, 4th was sold out!
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 159
    hantot said:
    2 per person is a silly limit, should have been 1. checked multiple times (as i'd heard it was appearing) on Sunday,wasn't there first 3 times, 4th was sold out!
    I don’t think it was offered in the UK.  I called customer service and asked what the “-NA” by the name of the set meant.  She said it stood for North America and the reward was only being shipped from the warehouse located here.  

Also I tried to find out how many sets they had left but she said they are unable to verify amounts from sub warehouses.   That has me intrigued.   Sub warehouses?  Luckily I have time on my hands to do a little digging.  
    Anyway, I’m sorry about that hantot.  Hopefully you’ll find a set a lot cheaper now that they’re releasing more.  
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 272
    hantot said:
    I don’t think it was offered in the UK.  I called customer service and asked what the “-NA” by the name of the set meant.  She said it stood for North America and the reward was only being shipped from the warehouse located here.  

Also I tried to find out how many sets they had left but she said they are unable to verify amounts from sub warehouses.   That has me intrigued.   Sub warehouses?  Luckily I have time on my hands to do a little digging.  
    Anyway, I’m sorry about that hantot.  Hopefully you’ll find a set a lot cheaper now that they’re releasing more.  
    it showed up as sold out in my rewards so not sure why it would if not offered.
    hantot said:
    hantot said:

it showed up as sold out in my rewards so not sure why it would if not offered.
    It could have been that they only had a few to give out, like the Batpod. And then they just tease you with "here's what you could have had".
    gmonkey76
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 611
    Did anyone in the UK get one then? 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,791
    Fireheart said:
    The Mini Boost Droid Commander?  Aye.  Guess I got lucky.  Saw it mentioned, went there and redeemed some points.  First time I've used the new system.
    Fireheart
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    Looks like the North America ones are gone now. I was hoping to get a second. should have done two when it was up. oh well, happy I did get one.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 951
    Does it let you get two with one order?  I wasnt sure it would let so I only got one as well.
    Legoboy said:
    Fireheart said:
    The Mini Boost Droid Commander?  Aye.  Guess I got lucky.  Saw it mentioned, went there and redeemed some points.  First time I've used the new system.
    Are there letters after the name of the set on the UK site?  Like does it say “mini boost Droid Commander -UK” ?  @Legoboy
    edited April 21
    @flightrisk - This is how it appeared on the UK site.

This seems like a freebie giveaway dumping ground.

Which I gladly celebrate!
    autolycusBumblepantsKungFuKennymadforLEGO
    Thanks legoboy.  That’s Interesting.  
    You would think I’d stop trusting what the CS reps tell me but nope.  I’m a sucker every time.  Well not every time.  I didn’t believe the guy that told me the wooden minifigure was made out of the old wood they used way back when.  (watch that turn out to be true)
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,965
    Rewards last 30 days once you have it.
    Say you place an order for a backorder that is 45 days out, will your reward expire before it is shipped?

Figured I would double check, that as soon you place the order the certificate is “used”, not when it is shipped. 
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 575
    SumoLego said:
    This seems like a freebie giveaway dumping ground.

Which I gladly celebrate!
    I love this idea. There are times I might not want to meet the spend threshold for a specific GWP, especially when it's limited to a particular line/brand. IF they start putting those GWP as rewards, I'll happily use points for those instead of "cash" toward a new set. I would have loved to have the Avengers tower, but didn't want to spend that much on Marvel sets at the time.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    Does it let you get two with one order?  I wasnt sure it would let so I only got one as well.

When I cashed in my points for the code, there was a 1-2 option. I did one. then wished I had done two. Went back to redeem a second and they were out. Not sure if I would have gotten two codes or a code for two.
    ReesesPieces
    ^ Redeeming two lots of points for two rewards, provides two voucher codes.  The bitch is that only one code can redeemed in any one transaction, meaning two separate purchases need to be made to get both rewards.  Luckily May 4th is coming up.
    KungFuKennyReesesPieces
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,965
    tamamahm said:
    Rewards last 30 days once you have it.
    Say you place an order for a backorder that is 45 days out, will your reward expire before it is shipped?

Figured I would double check, that as soon you place the order the certificate is “used”, not when it is shipped. 
    Well, this is actually not related  to reward updates at all, but a question on the reward program. I guess the word reward is the same, but that is why I had not  even considered putting it in this thread. 

Anyone know the answer to this?
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 575
    Legoboy said:
    ^ Redeeming two lots of points for two rewards, provides two voucher codes.  The bitch is that only one code can redeemed in any one transaction, meaning two separate purchases need to be made to get both rewards.  Luckily May 4th is coming up.
    Oh, that’s super annoying! I had figured I could redeem them both in the same order. Does the system allow you to redeem more than one of the $$ rewards? Or this and a $ reward?
    What do they do with unredeemed vouchers?  This feels like a vicious cycle with no end...
    gmonkey76Legoboy
    autolycus said:
    Legoboy said:
    Oh, that’s super annoying! I had figured I could redeem them both in the same order. Does the system allow you to redeem more than one of the $$ rewards? Or this and a $ reward?
    Only one voucher code can be applied to any single transaction online, whether it be a reward or £.

I believe multiple codes can be used over the phone but I don't know if they honour multiple reward codes, as the terms and conditions are clear that only one code can be used at a time.
    autolycus
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,601
    edited April 22
    Legoboy said:

Only one voucher code can be applied to any single transaction online, whether it be a reward or £.

This deal is getting worse all the time.
    The_Rancor560HeliportSumoLegoKungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 427
    I just used two $20 vouchers and the Droid Commander voucher during one order. All three worked.
    autolycuspanchox1ReesesPiecesLegoboyiwybsMooreFX
    gmonkey76 said:
    Legoboy said:

This deal is getting worse all the time.
    Pray they don’t alter it again! 
    560Heliportgmonkey76madforLEGOKungFuKennyMr_CrossSumoLego
  • Voltron86Voltron86 UKMember Posts: 23
    I never got an email, is there any other way to get the droids?
    Not as far as I know, it looks like it was just a case of being lucky enough to see it and get it but they sold out immediately. Not great if like me you’re working full time from home with various remote meetings throughout the day (looked at my phone after the meeting to discover the mention here and they were already all gone).

It would be helpful if they always added these deals at a consistent time of day (say 8am GMT) - that way they don’t need to say that anything is coming in advance but people could have a specific time to check each day. 

I believe multiple codes can be used over the phone but I don't know if they honour multiple reward codes, as the terms and conditions are clear that only one code can be used at a time.
    Over the phone they allowed both rewards promos and the rocket ship ride text message promo with one order. That’s how it worked for me anyway.  3 promos with one order.  
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 982

Over the phone they allowed both rewards promos and the rocket ship ride text message promo with one order. That’s how it worked for me anyway.  3 promos with one order.  
    How do you get a code for the rocket ride, unique code I am guessing?  I'm signed up for the alerts but didn't see that one?
    You had to text the word ‘FINALE’ after the show and wait for a code.   I didn’t wait for the code, just placed my order then asked if I could go ahead and redeem it instead of waiting for it.  They said yes.  
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 37
    I placed a Pick-a-Brick order and redeemed the code--interestingly, I just got a shipping notification for the Droid Commander set on its own. 
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 78
    When I ordered Barracuda Bay, I was able to apply $40 in VIP vouchers with two separate codes.
    You can apply as many money off vouchers as you like, but not gift ones.
    AyliffeReesesPiecesgmonkey76madforLEGOMaffyD
    Shipment received today including rocket ship ride and 2 mini boost droid commander polybags.  
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,260
    Just to double check, for UK members, do your money off vouchers in the reward centre appear as in ££s or in $$s?  Mine is appearing in dollars (even though I'm on the en-gb site) . 
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 991
    Just to double check, for UK members, do your money off vouchers in the reward centre appear as in ££s or in $$s?  Mine is appearing in dollars (even though I'm on the en-gb site) . 
    I had the same problem when it first switched over to the new VIP system. It was fine to make a purchase, but if I wanted to redeem my points, they came up in the wrong currency.

unfortunately, it took three live chats, two phone calls (one lasting over an hour and cost £5 as I didn’t realise it wasn’t free on my mobile) and lots of emails. No one was able to change the currency or work out the problem.

It was finally sorted but the only way they could do this was by closing my account and opening a new one and crediting my new account with my VIP points.

To be fair, they did give me quite a few VIP points for the hassle.
    khmellymel
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,465
    edited April 25
    @LuLego, what was your resulting wage in VIP points/hour?
    Pyrobug
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 991
    Great question - I wonder how consistent they are in dishing out VIPs and how much others have been given in points.

It was a nice gesture but lego paid me well below minimum wage for the time I spent!

It was around £20 total but I must have spent 3 hours at least sorting it and I also spent £5 on the phone, which I know was my own stupid fault.

The initial chat was 500 points. Nothing for the second.
    The hour long phone call guy gave me nothing at the time but when I discovered the problem still wasn’t sorted I was given 3000 after I emailed.

What’s the most you guys have been given?
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,260
    Thanks @LuLego, that's helpful... I'm sorry you had to go through all that trouble!  I was afraid it would be something like that >.<
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 379
    Am i going nuts ?? has it always said this.. appeared on my account today...

These rewards are just the beginning.

We’re almost done setting up your account with special rewards and offers just for you.

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,556
    Am i going nuts ?? has it always said this.. appeared on my account today...

These rewards are just the beginning.

We’re almost done setting up your account with special rewards and offers just for you.

Soon you shall be upgraded to the 14 day Xbox Live trial instead of just 7 days! Or call in the next 15 mins and you can get the exclusive limited edition coloring sheets from Trolls 2!
    flightriskLuLegoKungFuKennygmonkey76CymbelinedavetheoxygenmanPyrobugSumoLego
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 379
    May's VIP sweepstake

Win an exclusive Boba Fett™ (Prototype Armor) minifigure in the VIP Sweepstakes!

Here is your opportunity to win an exclusive Boba Fett™ (Prototype Armor) minifigure created to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Includes a rare uncut and numbered sticker sheet. Redeem 50 points to enter. Many will enter, only one will win!

Maximum of 15 entries per VIP Member - please see full terms and conditions for details and eligibility requirements. Competition closes 4th May 2020. Eligible countries: Canada (excluding Quebec), Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States. Please note, you are not eligible to enter from the following locations: Canada: Quebec is ineligible
    LegoboyThe_RancorflightriskSumoLego
    ^ I’m confused.  I have half a dozen of those sticker sheets and a few polys.  Is the sheet rare because the individual stickers haven’t been laser cut?  So it’s just one larger sticker?
    gmonkey76
    I think the sticker sheet’s been printed but none of the sticker outlines have been cut. I’ve never had the sheet so I don’t know where it came from. Prototype Boba in the old style armour is pretty nice though. I only have one poly of that hiding away. Goes quite nice with the sheet in the graded display they’ve made. Feel free not to enter though, I won’t mind ;)