Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

VIP Rewards Updates

ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 187

Last week some more Originals patent prints appeared on the rewards.lego.com site, covering this time around French, Spanish, German (Limited Edition) and British patents.

More randomly appearing this week (UK) is a 12 month Odeon Cinema Discount Pass - 1200 points for an annual pass giving you up to 40%  discount on up to 2 adult and 6 child tickets per month... Just seems a very random "non-Lego" reward.. not nocking it at all, not worth for me as get a better deal through work.. but an interesting thing to see on there and makes you wonder what else is on the radar if they are going outside of Lego related areas and it may be useful to someone...

560Heliportsnowhitie

Comments

• WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 399
    It's an interesting deal, but with worryingly few details.  

"Upto 40% off"

"At participating chains"

I'm sure plenty of T&Cs apply.  I'd want more assurance of what I'm getting before I press the button to redeem it.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,088
    It's an interesting deal, but with worryingly few details.  

"Upto 40% off"

"At participating chains"

I'm sure plenty of T&Cs apply.  I'd want more assurance of what I'm getting before I press the button to redeem it.
    You can probably get the same offer some other way without spending VIP points. This looks like just another attempt to drain points without giving up anything truly valuable on their part (like $5 etc)
    Ian_SMr_Cross
  • Ian_SIan_S UKMember Posts: 63
    You can probably get the same offer some other way without spending VIP points. This looks like just another attempt to drain points without giving up anything truly valuable on their part (like $5 etc)

I agree.  I suspect these offers (like the previous Xbox one) are just generic ones provided by the company whose "Software As A Service" product LEGO now use to manage the scheme.  I can imagine LEGO being sold on the idea "We can provide lots of new offers to keep your customers happy".

I noticed on *another website* that "The LEGO® VIP team are looking for feedback regarding the new system and reward centre", I'd imagine quite a few other Brickset members might have some feedback to give.
    tomahawker
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,358
    I've only used it to get a reduction on my next order. A lot of the rewards seem rather lame, like downloading a drawing sheet, or ordering some piece of paper. Though if they did exclusive sets, people would complain you can't directly buy them with money.
    Ian_SM1J0E
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 187
    edited February 10
    Another update : 10th Feb:

Win an Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Shazam! minifigure in our Sweepstake!

50 points to enter, max 15 entries per VIP, only one winner.

Eligible Countries: Canada (excl Quebec), Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States.

HARD PASS for me... to enter something where it doesn't appear there's a finite number of entries.. eg. entries don't "sell out" just seems nuts.. for ONE prize across all VIP's x max 15 entries means the odds would be ridiculous for ONE prize... needle in haystack doesn't come close.

OK, to balance the opinion it's only £4.69 value of points for maximum entries..

AND good to see access to rare items, just don't like the odds :)
    Another Update : 10th Feb

LEGO HOUSE tickets available again, after going "sold out" in December on rewards.lego.com this reward has today reappeared again. Same cost as before 2500 points per ticket.

For anyone who hasn't considered it, Lego House is a wonderful experience in Billund Denmark for Adults and Children alike. Now that Ryanair also fly there it can be more affordable than you think (also BA/Sun-air from Manachester and BA from London Heathrow and City). We did 4 nights in April in Billund last year including Lego house, Legoland, staying in Legoland Castle Hotel flying with Ryanair from Manchester and it all together cost less than just 2 nights at Legoland Windsor.
    DoktorLWatfordScottyM
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,205
    Another update : 10th Feb:

Eligible Countries: Canada (excl Quebec), Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States.

HARD PASS for me... to enter something where it doesn't appear there's a finite number of entries.. eg. entries don't "sell out" just seems nuts.. for ONE prize across all VIP's x max 15 entries means the odds would be ridiculous for ONE prize... needle in haystack doesn't come close.

OK, to balance the opinion it's only £4.69 value of points for maximum entries..

AND good to see access to rare items, just don't like the odds :)
    The other problem is that is it "only" 50 points to enter. You can get 100 points with fake data setting up a new account. So all of those genuine entries will be up against fake accounts entering too. They should probably make it 500 points to enter (for 10 entries or call it one) to weed out the fake accounts entering twice.
    maniac
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,915
    edited February 10

LEGO HOUSE tickets available again, after going "sold out" in December on rewards.lego.com this reward has today reappeared again. Same cost as before 2500 points per ticket.

For anyone who hasn't considered it, Lego House is a wonderful experience in Billund Denmark for Adults and Children alike. Now that Ryanair also fly there it can be more affordable than you think (also BA/Sun-air from Manachester and BA from London Heathrow and City). We did 4 nights in April in Billund last year including Lego house, Legoland, staying in Legoland Castle Hotel flying with Ryanair from Manchester and it all together cost less than just 2 nights at Legoland Windsor.

Seriously? I just called CS 3 days ago to ask if they'd come back and they said no! Now I've bought mine at a higher price... Jeez... Won't let it spoil my fun though.
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,070

OK, to balance the opinion it's only £4.69 value of points for maximum entries.
    Another (not so favourable) way of looking at it is spend "just" £200 on full-price Lego sets to get those entries. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd prefer my hard-earned points to go towards something more tangible.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 856

Eligible Countries: Canada (excl Quebec)
    Grrr. Of course. :(
    ^snowwhitie  see when there if still doing the offer to upgrade to an annual pass, wasn’t much more and was a full 12 months not the ‘season’ so you could make it back again before expired
    @klinton  was curious as have seen lots of times the frustration at Quebec being excluded mentioned.. so a quick google, having read article at this link seems pretty clear why Quebec is always excluded..... perhaps need to petition for a change to the law as the govt requirements seem a big hurdle for any company to comply with for a small scale thing..
    https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/why-are-so-many-competitions-void-in-quebec-896835
    klinton
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 856
    @klinton  was curious as have seen lots of times the frustration at Quebec being excluded mentioned.. so a quick google, having read article at this link seems pretty clear why Quebec is always excluded..... perhaps need to petition for a change to the law as the govt requirements seem a big hurdle for any company to comply with for a small scale thing..
    https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/why-are-so-many-competitions-void-in-quebec-896835
    Yeah, it's par for the course with pretty much every contest. I'm accustomed to it, but often large companies like Lego will actually jump through the hoops in order to comply with the strict gaming laws here in Québec. I was hoping this would be an example of the latter. I've entered Lego contests before. /shrug
  • DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 89

Thank you for letting us know, I was hoping and waiting for these to come back! Does anyone know whether you need to know the exact date you are going when you redeem these?
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,915
    DoktorL said:

Thank you for letting us know, I was hoping and waiting for these to come back! Does anyone know whether you need to know the exact date you are going when you redeem these?
    So they send you a code, then you go to the actual website and decide on which day you go. The voucher code is only valid for a limited amount of time, but you can book for summer. Only for an annual pass you don't need to pre-book.
    ^snowwhitie  see when there if still doing the offer to upgrade to an annual pass, wasn’t much more and was a full 12 months not the ‘season’ so you could make it back again before expired
    It would be an idea, but I will probably only be going one time to the Lego House (going 2 days when we are there though). My health doesn't permit me to fly and it will be a big trip for me in the car. I'm very glad I'll be going at least once though and CS did apologise for giving me the wrong info and will send me a little surprise for my son. So all good there too.

Great idea to start this thread by the by, good to keep up to date with these!
    stluxKungFuKennyDoktorLbandit778