Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO S&H Pick-A-Brick Questions and Comments

samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,376
Curious if anyone knows information about LEGO's online pick-a-brick as I simply know nothing.

When do they restock pieces?
When do they offer new pieces?
Which pieces are typically cheaper than buying on BL or BO?

And any other thoughts/comments.

I've just never used it as a resource and figure it might be valuable to know these types of details in the future.

Comments

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,260
    I've generally found Pick -a -brick to be an expensive way to buy bricks as I've found that it's a very limited selection to choose from and generally sticks to a lot of basic parts and colours with not a lot of variation of 'rarer' or 'newer' parts.

Bricks'and Pieces is a far more valuable recource for online buying from LEGO and since the new [email protected] site update, a lot of the parts can be found cheaper on BNP as well, for instance 1x1 plates in red are 6p on Pick A Brick but are only 4p on Bricks and Pieces. Doesn't sound a lot but if you are buying 100's it soon mounts up.

I'm presumig you have used BNP before as you have built some remarkable stuff but if not, I will answer your questions for that service as it's probably better suited (and may help someone else if you already know). ;)

I generally find it's a bit pot luck with restocks.
    A certain part I have been keeping my eye on has been in and out of stock about 4 times in the last 12 months but that was just when I looked (odd behavior I know but availabilty of parts and funds at the same time don't always coincide), so availabilty could have been more frequent than that.
    I presume a lot of it comes down to scheduled production runs for the parts to reinstated.

In my experiance, new parts usually get put up for availability when inventories for sets are updated but again, that may be just when I look (find interesting set, see parts, look for parts etc.) and others may know more on that one.

As for cheaper parts, I've generally found Tiles from 1x3 upwards and larger Technic Bricks to be cheaper on B'N'P as standard. Quite a few parts can be cheaper dependant on quantities required as paying pence more in one hit can sometimes outweigh 3 different lots of shipping costs.

Mr_CrossBumblepantsCymbelineGothamConstructionCoKungFuKennyLittleLoriSeijiAmasawa
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,674
    Online PAB is very useful if you need 5c or whatever to meet a spend threshold. Whereas B+P doesn't count.
    CymbelinemadforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,118
    Also I have seen parts cheaper on PaB online as opposed to BnP. I think it must change stock every quarter? Sometimes there are some nice pieces occasionally, and like @CCC says, it also counts toward gifts with promos
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,674
    I think plain colour legs are often cheaper, and some plants. Although obviously limited range.
    madforLEGO
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,072
    Anyone experiencing issues with selecting pieces in PaB?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,118
    I have been experie3ncing issues overall with [email protected] since around November. Mostly with being unable to check out unless I sign out of my account and then add stuff to my cart, resign in and then check out. So Im not surprised if other parts of the site are having issues.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 258
    I have been experie3ncing issues overall with [email protected] since around November. Mostly with being unable to check out unless I sign out of my account and then add stuff to my cart, resign in and then check out. So Im not surprised if other parts of the site are having issues.
     I reported a similar issue with my account and they finally fixed it. Took them about a month.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 399
    When I enter the Pick a Brick site, I can display the number of elements in each category, exact colour, and colour family but the elements won't display so that I can't make a purchase. Is anyone else having this problem? 
    Yellowcastle
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,072
    ^ This.
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 148
    edited March 14
    Cymbeline said:
    When I enter the Pick a Brick site, I can display the number of elements in each category, exact colour, and colour family but the elements won't display so that I can't make a purchase. Is anyone else having this problem? 

I just went to check, Microsoft Edge doesn't show the parts but google chrome does. Windows just had a major update and the removal of flash was a big part of it so I would assume there is something causing issues. If you remove update: 

KB4577586

This might solve the issue but Ill look into it further and post anything I find out, or if you cannot wait install chrome and that will give you a work around.
    madforLEGO
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 399
    Thanks @EGRoberts for the suggestion about changing browsers. I was on Safari but when I switched to Firefox, I was able to access Pick a Brick fully.   
    EGRoberts
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 148
    Cymbeline said:
    Thanks @EGRoberts for the suggestion about changing browsers. I was on Safari but when I switched to Firefox, I was able to access Pick a Brick fully.   
    Safari?? Shocked an apple can even load a webpage let alone a list of bricks ;) Kidding! Seems to be a lot happening with flash being removed across a lot of browsers. Now I am really curious.. Have to look into this more.