Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How do you arrange your Modular Buildings?

PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,522
Following on from a suggestion on another thread, I thought it would be a good idea to create this one for people to show their modulars and how they arrange/display them.

These are mine at the moment. I'll be adding the Bookshop this weekend :)

560HeliportmsanderspxchrisPyrobugMynattakunthitaSwitchfoot55AstrobricksstluxPJ76ukAdelecBrainsluggedbandit778CCColdtodd33Game_onBoardshorts85jnscoelhoTheBigLegoskiArielaLegopantsmak0137wardmKeilupGothamConstructionCoBooTheMightyHamsterSumoLegoM1J0ESalamalexBastyGallandrLittleLoriFowlerBrickssnowhitietallblocktoo

Comments

• teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 961
    Thats one long Main Street!  Very nice.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,690
    Must be one of those towns along a steep river bank with room for only one street :)
    Pyrobug560HeliportSnizzlebuttsM1J0E
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 92
    Very nice!   

Wish I had that kind of space.

I just started collecting the Creator buildings a couple years ago. So I only have a handfull at this time. But I have this in this order.

(L>R)
    | Corner Garage | Detectives Office | Downtown Diner | Parisian Restaurant | Sanctum Sanctorum.  (not a modular, but seems to fit in well at the end.)

And that pretty much fills my shelve. Not sure what I'll end up doing when I get the Bookstore set.
    Snizzlebutts
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 42
    edited January 28
    Happy with my order. Not as if I have infinite combinations. Lol. Still, I’m happy with my Main Street so far.

I do wish they made the PR two studs forward on the plate. It lines up perfectly when next to AS.

Legopantsmak0137PyrobugTheBigLegoskiPaperballparkGallandrLittleLori
  • GallandrGallandr BelgiumMember Posts: 26
    Limited space here to display, but I regularly rearrange everything, as shown here. I luckily don't have too many buildings, and I like it in fact this way.
    pxchrisPyrobugSnizzlebuttsTheBigLegoskiLegopantsPaperballparkM1J0ELittleLori
    edited January 29
    Happy with my order. Not as if I have infinite combinations. Lol. Still, I’m happy with my Main Street so far.

I do wish they made the PR two studs forward on the plate. It lines up perfectly when next to AS.

Gotta leave room for sidewalk dining. Wouldn’t want peds to have to walk in the street :)
    autolycusSnizzlebutts
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 165
    Jealous of the super long shelves! Best I’ll be able to do is 4 in a line.
    Gotta say, I’m not a big fan of putting TH and FB next to or near each other. Their towers compete for attention too much. 
    BrainsluggedPyrobugSilverLoveMynattsid3windr
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,205
    devito99 said:
    I know we have a "special relationship" with the US, but I never realised the US-UK relationship was that close!

devito99andhesid3windrM1J0EGallandrLittleLori
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 440
    edited January 30
    Gotta say, I’m not a big fan of putting TH and FB next to or near each other. Their towers compete for attention too much. 
    My OCD would want something on the opposite side to make it even but I agree, I would want them each as the center piece of their own section of the street.

Love seeing all of the setups though, will definitely help give me ideas when when I finally organize my new shelves.
    AstrobricksLittleLori
  • devito99devito99 NCMember Posts: 2
    CCC said:
    devito99 said:
    I know we have a "special relationship" with the US, but I never realised the US-UK relationship was that close!

When you get pretty close to a galaxy far, far away it makes all of our earth relationships seem like next door neighbors
    MaffyDAstrobricksGallandr
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,409
    My modular street. Its looking a little crowded as TLM2 sets are parked in the road at the moment.
    I really want this years BS, but something has to go. I'm thinking the PC as it doesn't really fit with the others.
    Switchfoot55andhePyrobugstluxwardmGallandrLittleLorisnowhitie
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,131

This was taken in April last year, but things are fairly similar still, until I add the new modular shortly, when I'll need to do a little rearrangement.
    LegopantsstluxwardmGallandrLittleLorisnowhitie
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 630
    MrJackson said:

Center City Brickadelphia. 

The giant flashlight statue in the top left is a favorite landmark for Brickadelphians, representing their civic pride in...something!

Liking the parking lots underneath the elevated tracks.  And I've seen that monorail motor cover somewhere, can't remember where?
    sid3windrPyrobug
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 336
    The monorail motor cover is from 4DBricks.  It's the only non-Lego element anywhere.  #6399 Airport Shuttle had a red motor cover that only appeared in red in that set and is prohibitively expensive and didn't match the color scheme I was going for anyway. 
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 315
    This was mine as I was taking the whole thing apart to take a wall out and make the room bigger. I still need to redecorate the room and then decide how to lay it all out. I didnt like the old layout anyway and there is an entire friends area, more star wars, more harry potter (castle  great hall and clock tower) and some jurassic world to add.

Thinking of doing it like a universal studios style park with a train ride round and different themed areas maybe???

PyrobugAstrobricksLegopantsGallandr
    How about a lighthouse district? ;-)
    andhe
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 632
    I’m a fan of the stairways of PR & DD beside each other to create a break.  About time to start working on this & create a real street.

LegopantsAstrobricksPyrobugmak0137legomentalSilverLoveGallandrLittleLori
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 315
    M1J0E said:
    I’m a fan of the stairways of PR & DD beside each other to create a break.  About time to start working on this & create a real street.

I like that. They warrant showing off but cannot decide which to put next to which. 
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    Love everyone's displays!!!  Shame I live in earthquake friendly LA b/c I'm nervous displaying too much stuff.  
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 495
    Gallandr said:
    I am seeing delicious displays here! But one issue we all have, and that  is how do we arrange the modulars next to each other. At least I have this.
    Let me share one I found very convincing. The color of the Brick Bank old part with the townhouse go perfectly together. You could imagine this is how it was before they destroyed part to build the bank. And the roof extends wonderfully with all the chimneys.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions and perfect combos?

I like that! I've often thought that despite the excellent realistic design of the buildings, the more that come out, the less it looks like a real street! Never seen a real life street as varied and random as these.
    Gallandrlegomental
  • GallandrGallandr BelgiumMember Posts: 26

Those 5 buildings look amazing!

As I said before, I like it more to have a selection of buildings, and optimize the combination. 
    Wonderful stuff with those lights.
    legomental
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 179
    Gallandr said:

Those 5 buildings look amazing!

As I said before, I like it more to have a selection of buildings, and optimize the combination. 
    Wonderful stuff with those lights.
    Thanks!  I'm planning to get the light kit for the Corner Garage and get it in there next to the Parisian Restaurant, as soon as I get the the time.  Also need to put together a custom light kit for Emmet's Dream House there...

I haven't decided yet if the Bookstore wants to go on this shelf or up with the rest, but I definitely like having the collection split into smaller groupings.
    LittleLori
  • HasafHasaf KansasMember Posts: 2
    Here is some of them. This shelf just went in, several sets are not on it. I also have some sets on display in my classroom.

The plan is to put some trains running in front of the buildings.

mak0137Legopants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,381
    I think you have a Huntsman Spider problem.
    eMJeeNLGothamConstructionCogmonkey76pxchrisandhegdsrdavetheoxygenman