Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How I break the link between my Brickset and my Rebrickable database?

LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 14
If I delete Sets on Brickset then on Rebrickable these Sets sets are also removed.
How do I disconnect this database link?

Comments

• LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 14
    Can anybody help me? This is strange!
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,539
    Change your rebrickable password, that's the only way I can think to do it at the moment.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 910
    edited January 30
    I'm on the opposite end, I added some new sets in Brickset yesterday but till now it is not reflected in Rebrickable.

Any idea how long it takes to replicate the data to Rebrickable? I remembered previously it was almost instantaneous, i.e. I add set at Brickset, go to Rebrickable refresh page and it's updated. 

Could it be I have too many sets and it break the limit at Rebrickable? I notice I can't manually add new sets at Rebrickable due to exceeded the account limit, but I think if new sets added in Brickset it should sync through? 
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,539
    It should be instantaneous. I'll check things when get home tomorrow.
    New sets added still did not appear at Rebrickable.

Once I did a manual push sync within Brickset to Rebrickable and somehow they added more sets in Rebrickable than what I had, and I had to check through all the sets to correct the data. 

Then last year I instead did a manual pull sync from Rebrickable to grab data from Brickset (which had most of the data correctly sync'ed except for quite a number of unrecognized part IDs for non conventional items), could this be the reason why now Brickset didn't auto sync to Rebrickable?
  • izxizx USAMember Posts: 26
    I've set up Rebrickable to pull sync from Brickset. The only issues I've occasionally had is when sets are imported via CSV, which requires a manual pull/resync for those sets/quantities to show up on Rebrickable. 

@Recce I suspect you are hitting Rebrickable free's 500-sets-per-list limit. Unless you've heard otherwise, I doubt there's a loophole that allows you to bypass that by adding excess sets via sync. You can ask in their forums---from what I've seen, their admins are a friendly bunch.
    izx said:

@Recce I suspect you are hitting Rebrickable free's 500-sets-per-list limit. Unless you've heard otherwise, I doubt there's a loophole that allows you to bypass that by adding excess sets via sync. You can ask in their forums---from what I've seen, their admins are a friendly bunch.
    I have over 3000 items, and have not had any issue previously with the auto sync.

Even if I sync (from Brickset or Rebrickable), all the sets will get updated to Rebrickable. Of course, I understand that I cannot manually add individual new sets at Rebrickable due to the 500 sets limit.

It's only about 2 years back or so that I noticed the sync issue as noted above.
  • izxizx USAMember Posts: 26
    Recce said:

It's only about 2 years back or so that I noticed the sync issue as noted above.
    I stand corrected. Did you exceed the 500 limit around the time you noticed the sync issue? I'm just wondering if Rebrickable's auto-sync obeys the limit while manually syncing allows an override.
    izx said:
    Recce said:

I stand corrected. Did you exceed the 500 limit around the time you noticed the sync issue? I'm just wondering if Rebrickable's auto-sync obeys the limit while manually syncing allows an override.
    It was already 2500+ then.