Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Data Feed Issue / Recently Retired Sets

cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
edited February 2012 in Brickset.com
I was looking over some of the 2011 sets and noticed that A LOT of them are showing a retirement date in the US of Jan 20,2012. Like the Creator sets - Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and even the Pet Shop. Were they all retired on the same date, although they came out at different times, months apart? Also, the Unimog has a Jan 20, 2012 retirement date in the US. And, even the Spongbob Flying Dutchman set which is listed as a 2012 set. Have all these sets, and many more, been recently retired?

Comments

• airjordanairjordan Member Posts: 33
    Not sure where you're getting information like that... More than likely VERY incorrect. Even FB will likely be out a month or two longer.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    If you're getting your info from Brickset, such as this:
    http://brickset.com/buy/US/nolongeravailable/

Then I believe Huw posted a message saying the feed from LEGO.com was broken. So availability info is not accurate.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Good point, the database is broken there...

Huw?
  • jtkauffjtkauff Member Posts: 15
    @airjordan - this is in reference to the "Availability on Lego.com" dates shown on Brickset.com.

My assumption is that it is the last time that Brickset.com scanned the Lego store. Everything that I've pulled up lately that is recent/in print shows the 20 Jan date, including the newly released things like the Friends and Dino sets, as well as the Valentine's set. Checking these same sets on the store shows them to be in stock, so I'd assume the scan is simply run every few days or otherwise has not run since the 20th.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,333
    Yes, there's a problem with the product feed from LEGO, which hasn't been complete since Friday. The lack of products in the feed has triggered the site to think that sets are no longer available. I'm hoping LEGO finds a solution to this before I need to come up with a workaround.

The feed is normally read every night.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    So, there is a system to know which sets are going to retire and when?
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ No, there is a system to display on the product pages the date that product was last on [email protected] It doesn't give the data until the day after.