Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Many gaps in weight and dimensions

LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 14
Hi,

it seems the Brickset database has many gaps in weight and box dimensions of the sets. I wonder why Bricklink is more current, also concerning newer sets. Is there any attempt to take or share information from Bricklink? It seems that an agreement has already been reached on the minifigures.

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,690
    From what I’ve seen @Huw say, most of the data in BS is imported from BL automatically. Not sure if this includes weight and dimensions. My guess is no, or just that that information has a lot of gaps. 
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,539
    Bricklink does not make that data available for export.

Our data for weights and dimensions comes from lists sent to retailers and provided to us by Chowren Toys.  I will ask if they have 2020 data they can share.
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
  • LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 14
    edited February 5
    Can box sizes be reported by users or is only official information valid?

For example the 5003082-1 has a size of 15.5 x 10.5 x 3.5 cm (see your database). But for the other boxes of this series 5002812-1 and 5004419-1 (all with the same size) have an empty entry in the database...

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,539
    The honest answer is that we don't have time to enter the data manually, so it only gets added when we are sent it in bulk in a list that can be easily imported.