EXPIRED: [US] 10212 UCS Shuttle Reduced at Target

brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 195
edited March 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Target.com has UCS imperial shuttle on sale for 219 with free shipping. I also have $40 in gc's bringing to about 180. I have no interest in any star wars sets but was wondering if you thought this would be a good investment piece at this price. I haven't been able to find anything else to spend my gc's on.

http://www.target.com/p/LEGO-Star-Wars-Imperial-Shuttle-10212/-/A-13050886

Comments

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Why do you have to spend it "now"??? There are other sets that will EOL much sooner and you can get that price on Amazon. Seems from the posts here that some people think they are getting great deals when they use their gc's. It's real money -- treat as such. If you wouldn't be buying something right now with cash, why would you feel rushed to do so with gc's?
  • brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 195
    I don't see anything on targets website that interests me at any price really. I already have the maersk train, winter post office, and VW van and am not interested in city/star wars/ninjago etc. It just seemed that since they don't have anything i'm interested in it may be the best bang for the buck for my gc's since i could use the money from selling to buy something i actually want.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Then use the GC's on groceries and spend the money you 'saved' from the supermarket on Lego somewhere else.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @brclark82 I just got a UCS IS for $179 shipped, which I felt was a super deal. But since I want a 2nd to sell and not feel guilty for opening one if the price goes through the roof after EOL, I'm still thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2nd set at $220 shipped through Amazon. I think this set will break $400 eventually, if not more. Its just too gorgeous and may be a big regret for those that miss it.
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    From toysnbricks if someone does decide to buy from target

"Until March 31st, 2012, you can get 10% off almost everything at Target.com including LEGO! Use coupon code TGTHTT5Z and you'll receive the 10% off discount! Thanks to forum member tarakou for pointing out the coupon. Also a good time get some of the new sets like 2012 LEGO Star Wars (preorder) and Friends sets. Spend $50 or more and you'll receive free shipping on these sets too"
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ the code was broken (not working) last I checked. But on a related note, if you can find a similar coupon, have a Target Red Card, and a cash back site like RewardsRunner (5.5% back I believe), then go for it. I agree with other though - the GCs shouldn't be burning a hole in your pocket if you're looking to optimize savings for a resale.
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    The code is still broken :(
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    ^^ sorry about that i didnt know