Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PROMOSW004-1: Star Wars Celebration IV Exclusive

FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 611
Does anyone on here have one of these? And if so did you get it direct from the LA Star Wars Celebration event in 2007?

My question is; when you received this from the event, were the Minifigures fixed (glued) in place, or were they loose? 

I’m getting conflicting accounts if they were fixed or not. ( I know the card that sits behind the cube was loose, and some winners stuck it on, and some left it as mint, not stuck).

Thanks.

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,342
    I have one and the minifigures are not fixed (glued) in place.

I think I also had one in the past where they were glued.

It would not surprise me if they were originally glued on to the LEGO display and over time have fallen off and simply been replaced by fixing to the LEGO studs inside. This is especially likely since the front of the box is removable making it easy to access the inside of the diorama. 
    FireheartJackad7stluxkiki180703
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 611
    samiam391 said:

It would not surprise me if they were originally glued on to the LEGO display and over time have fallen off and simply been replaced by fixing to the LEGO studs inside. This is especially likely since the front of the box is removable making it easy to access the inside of the diorama. 
    Thanks Sam.

I purchased one recently and the figures are loose, and back card still in the bag (not stuck on), on questioning the loose figures to the guy, who actually attended the event and won the piece. He said that all of them were given out with loose figures, and some people then stuck the back card on.
    So I just wondered if some were given out loose, and some glued. Or did some people glue the figures in them self, to make a better display piece? As you say the front comes off to move the figures if required.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,342
    Fireheart said:
    samiam391 said:

Thanks Sam.

I purchased one recently and the figures are loose, and back card still in the bag (not stuck on), on questioning the loose figures to the guy, who actually attended the event and won the piece. He said that all of them were given out with loose figures, and some people then stuck the back card on.
    So I just wondered if some were given out loose, and some glued. Or did some people glue the figures in them self, to make a better display piece? As you say the front comes off to move the figures if required.
    Sounds like I missed out then as I've been meaning to sell mine! Let me know if you want a second ;)
    Fireheart