Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Review: 31103 Rocket Truck

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 952
edited January 14 in Brickset.com articles
Review: 31103 Rocket Truck

Okay petrolheads, this one is for you. We’re pedal to the metal, full throttle speed freaks! We’ve bolted a jet engine to our pantechnicon and we are gonna get some air under this thing!

I am personally picking up thematic similarities from 2018’s 31074 Rocket Rally Car. Whether the 31103 Rocket Truck ‘retreads’ old ground or not, this is an appealing looking set in its own right. It’s £19.99 for the 198 pieces which is significantly fewer than the Rally Car’s seemingly more generous 241 pieces for £17.99, but still just about hits the 10p average per part we all look for as a baseline for value.

I couldn’t find a real world equivalent to the ‘Rocket Truck’ LEGO has produced, the closest I got to was in a Google search for ‘jet engine pickup truck’.

I love the ludicrousness of the concept of using an engine usually found on aircraft to power a truck, and that’s in essence the humour and the fun of this set.

Continue reading »

© 2020 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Source: 48327

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 718
    Great review @Mr_Cross !
    Mr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,037
    Thanks @KungFuKenny I've really enjoyed reviewing the two creator sets for Huw. Fingers crossed they have gone down well on the front page and he'll let me do more at some point in the future.
    KungFuKennypanchox1