Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

part # 775 - Minifigure, Headgear Hat, Forestmen's

mithridatemithridate HawaiiMember Posts: 52
A question only for the most pedantic souls: genuine Lego or not.

I have two brown Forestmen's hats, the old school type with a see through hole. One has a Lego stamp (three lines actually, just like the BL pic) on the inside, and the other doesn't. Apart from that they seem identical to include how the plastic molded on the inside of the hat. Is it possible that sometime during its production run Lego simply didn't stamp the hats? I know that even in the early days, at least a single digit was stamped onto parts, but this hat may have had an initial non-standard run? Are there known knock-offs of this particular part?

Thanks much for giving the needlessly nit-picky post a glance or thought.

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,831
    I'd have to check my minifigs but yes I don't think every part has always had lego printed on it. Also if it is indeed 'old brown' then I'm not aware of any knock-offs dating back that far. May be wrong of course.