Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10270 Bookshop Mods

DadsAFOL2DadsAFOL2 CA, USAMember Posts: 9
Finished some modifications to the book shop, primarily adding another floor.

Updates include:
- recolor windows from azure to white (dark blue would have been nicer, but they aren't produced in that color)
- recolor the concave roof slopes from black to dark blue (no idea why those were not dark blue)
- recolor the double technic pins on the birch tree from black to white
- added more leaves to the tree, including some dark red ones

Here's the modified build next to my modified Assembly Square.

560Heliportbandit778davetheoxygenmanbenbacardibluedragonmsandersSnizzlebuttsCymbelinedrdavewatfordeMJeeNLKungFuKennymustang69PyrobugevantylerPJ76ukAstrobricksomniumReesesPiecesSwitchfoot55datsunrobbieLittleLoriM1J0Ekiki180703thenoswardmMynatt

Comments

• im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 91
    Looks amazing! Did you do this with 2 copies of the set, or just BrickLink what you needed?

I personally didn’t mind the black pins on the tree, as they just look like the natural black lines (called “lenticels”) that are characteristic of birch trees like this.
    SnizzlebuttsLittleLoriM1J0EBrickchapkiki180703
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 38
    edited January 7
    im2cre8iv said:
    Looks amazing! Did you do this with 2 copies of the set, or just BrickLink what you needed?

I personally didn’t mind the black pins on the tree, as they just look like the natural black lines (called “lenticels”) that are characteristic of birch trees like this.
    Yeah, I saw a YouTuber complain about the black lines as well and thought the same thing, Birch trees are meant to have black where the bark splits naturally.

Changing the window colour of the house to white is a winner though. Don’t know why they didn’t do that in the first place.

LittleLoriBrickchap
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 468
    Looks really cool! I got mine yesterday, and will mod mine as well, but probably only the roof of the house, to have similar profiles.
  • DadsAFOL2DadsAFOL2 CA, USAMember Posts: 9
    edited January 7
    im2cre8iv said:

Mostly from two copies but i did add a couple of pieces from my build supply.  For the turquoise building, since the original upper floor is only 1/2  deep, it used pretty much all of the turquoise bricks from the second copy of the set just to make a full size level.
    im2cre8iv
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 855
    Looks good!  Would you be able to put pictures of the side view of the townhouse (to see depth) and pictures of the inside since you made it deeper?  Thanks!
    panchox1
  • cguglielmicguglielmi CanadaMember Posts: 10
    The white window frames make it look much better IMO. May have to make that swap myself.
    BrickchapSnizzlebutts
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 468
    I thought the all-white windows to be too white, so went for dark blue, to go with the details on the roof. Unsure how I feel... no 1x2x3’s available, so replaced those with the rounded ones and a white 1x2 plate:

What do you guys think?
    560Heliport
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 155
    I prefer the addition of a third colour and less white. Victorian era houses were often painted several contrasting or complimentary colours like the "painted ladies" in San Francisco.