Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Review: 60257 Service Station

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 952
edited January 5 in Brickset.com articles
Review: 60257 Service Station

Service stations have appeared quite frequently within the Town and City themes, although their balance between different vehicles and the focal structure differs. 60257 Service Station certainly focuses substantially upon vehicles which might disappoint some people.

However, these new vehicles appear interesting in my opinion and I am particularly impressed with the teal camper van. The accompanying structures are comparatively small, although these incorporate some important details and omit certain extraneous features which have periodically appeared in other service stations.

Continue reading »

© 2020 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Source: 48170

Comments

• M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 616
    Nice cars in this set!  Which are usually just an accessory to the service station, as seen in the previous set.  Unfortunately the service station portion really seems lacking even for a city building.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    M1J0E said:
    Nice cars in this set!  Which are usually just an accessory to the service station, as seen in the previous set.  Unfortunately the service station portion really seems lacking even for a city building.

It seems like the designers were told to either make a detailed set of cars, or a detailed service station but not both.
    M1J0E
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 818
    I really wish that Karen and her SUV was it's own smaler set. I want that part of this build so much, but I have no use for the rest of this set. Hopefully I remember this set exists when the end of the year sales hit, hahaha.
    M1J0E
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 616
    ^ She is Karen right!  Yeah I think this is a great set to pick up once it’s on sale.  
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    M1J0E said:
    ^ She is Karen right!  Yeah I think this is a great set to pick up once it’s on sale.  
    For me to pick it up, I'll need to find it on sale alright.. for at least 40% off
    M1J0E
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 367
    The vehicles would be better with doors.
    M1J0E