Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Tips for Moc builders

LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 388
Hello, I don't know if someone else made one already but after having a lot of MOC's projects as well MOD's I asled myself if the Classic boxes are good enough part packs to make those (buildings, starships, work on environment, etc). Then I realized this can also be used as a general help for those people who are starting to make their own creations outside Lego instructions (the main purpose of LEGO you might say), so.be courteous to one another and share your techniques and good places to acquire pieces as well make a budget for the projects. 

Comments

• f2iso100f2iso100 United StatesMember Posts: 39
    For organization, you can use the inserts from the Advent calendars to separate your pieces. Then the inserts themselves go neatly in the $2.50 Sterilite bins. For instance, I have a bin that has all my plates in the bottom, them the insert sits on top of those as a tray with all the modified plates separated into each little cubby. I have another bin for bricks and another for tiles and slopes. It's a great way to recycle AND a relatively cost-effective method, especially if you already are buying these clearanced Advent calendars (another great way to pick up parts!). 
    LordmoralKungFuKennyPyrobug
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 388
    f2iso100 said:
    For organization, you can use the inserts from the Advent calendars to separate your pieces. Then the inserts themselves go neatly in the $2.50 Sterilite bins. For instance, I have a bin that has all my plates in the bottom, them the insert sits on top of those as a tray with all the modified plates separated into each little cubby. I have another bin for bricks and another for tiles and slopes. It's a great way to recycle AND a relatively cost-effective method, especially if you already are buying these clearanced Advent calendars (another great way to pick up parts!). 
    Good, may you provide pictures? Thank you so much for the contribution.
    I am sure these will be useful for general lighting:

• CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 412
    Those should be perfect for lighting up the cabinet where you keep your actually deadly Lego crossbow. XD
    SnizzlebuttsLordmoral
    Those should be perfect for lighting up the cabinet where you keep your actually deadly Lego crossbow. XD
    Solid Brick (the one behind the mega MOC) actually uses some LED lights to shine his sets.