Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Closing Thread Topics

im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 91
edited December 2019 in Forum Operation
It would be nice if a mod would list a reason why a discussion is closed when they close it (and it isn’t obvious/requested). I started a topic hoping to get some good discussions about advent calendar storage, and it was closed after one response, less than 24 hours later. It would be helpful to know why it was closed (was it a duplicate topic? Felt like the one answer was good enough? Off-topic?) instead of being left wondering why I can’t even respond to my own thread to ask a follow-up question, or thank the person who responded. 
560Heliport

Comments

• im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 91
    Here’s the thread I’m referring to: https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/31353/advent-storage-tips
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 159
    Huh. Yeah weird that it was closed. I'd like to hear other thoughts and ideas on that myself.
    560Heliportim2cre8iv
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,031
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, I thought that was weird too. It was a good question that could have turned into a good discussion. I was just about to join in when I saw the topic was closed. It's odd for sure, and not very encouraging to even start discussions. If there was a similar discussion somewhere else were OP could find ideas, an admin could have linked to it.
    im2cre8iv
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,308
    Looking at it, I'd say that was closed by mistake.  Reasonable question and potential for a discussion.

One of the mods hitting the sherry a bit too hard maybe?
    ;o) 
    im2cre8iv
    @Huw @drdavewatford any comment? Wanted to give plenty of time for the holidays to give a chance to respond. As mentioned above, this behavior isn’t encouraging for users to start new threads.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,519
    I closed it. At the time I felt it was a bit of a daft question and the answer given was pretty much the only sensible solution but if others have more to add I can re-open it.
    edited January 6
    Let me get this straight - in a LEGO forum that has an active discussion on sausage facts, you felt that a question about LEGO storage ideas was "daft"? I can see now why people have claimed that this forum can be unwelcoming/unhealthy/toxic.

As a relatively new user (less than 100 posts, and only a handful of new threads), I now feel highly discouraged from starting new topics, in fears that a mod will find my discussion "daft" and will close it on a whim. It's honestly not a great "welcome" feeling to the forum.
    560Heliport
    edited January 6
    @Huw I would appreciate if you would re-open the original thread so that I can add a follow-up question and continue the discussion. Thanks.