Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Advent Storage Tips?

im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 91
Got my first LEGO Advent Calendar this year, and was hoping to reuse it next year with my kids. Then got to wondering how to best store all the pieces so they don’t get mixed up behind the doors and whatnot. Figured someone out there has probably already figured this out, or given it some thought at least. What do you do to store your advent calendars for the future?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,142
    Small Ziploc bags.
    im2cre8ivRonyar
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 91
    edited January 6
    Thanks @CCC for your input!

Has anyone found a way to store the advent calendars without the box? I typically disassemble my sets and store them in plastic storage boxes. One downside of getting rid of the box means we won’t have the ability to “open the doors” next year. 
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 855
    I think a small craft or tackle box will work.  Many often have 24 compartments so will be perfect.  
    im2cre8ivmak0137LittleLori
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 616
    You can buy different reusable ornamental advent calendars can’t you?  Then you could always add in pieces from each calendar each year (just in the tiny zippy bags maybe to separate them) to build on your collection and still be able to open the doors, without having to keep all the boxes.
    im2cre8ivCymbelineLittleLori
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,036
    Cling-wrap everything
  • drlmiles1drlmiles1 UKMember Posts: 182
    But you will need to include the instructions for many of the items - some of the Harry Potter and particularly the Star Wars ones were quite involved. In that case, you might as well keep the items ziplocked in bags in the original calendar
    im2cre8iv
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,142
    Or tape the "door" to the ziploc bag for the instructions. You can get a big advent calendar into a very small volume by doing that.

panchox1im2cre8iv
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 91
    I hadn't even thought of the instructions aspect - think I'll most likely remove the doors and store them with the parts in either ziploc or small tackle box compartments. And love the idea of using a reusable decorative advent in the future. Thanks!
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 310
    I keep the boxes, store the parts in storage bins with the rest of the sets in their own little ziplock bag.
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 246
    I'd prefer to push open the perforated doors and have had the pleasure of opening the seals on the box to reveal the display area, 30\20Euro for this type of toy isn't overly bad value