Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Coins under the shack / pencil pot

mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 52
Hi, I was gifted 40188 and while building it, I was stumbled with one particular instance:

Why there must be coins hidden under the base? Is this some kind of good luck tradition or what?
snowhitieSwitchfoot55LittleLori

Comments

• M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 616
    ^ Good question.  Thanks for posting this, that’s kinda neat actually, even if I’m not sure why.  Easter Egg representing buried treasure underneath the shed?  At first I just thought it represented a gravel base the shed was resting on, but they did use a gold piece & printed silver coins.  
    LittleLori
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 52
    It reminds me a litle about thing kids used to do, when you burry some shiny stuff in a secret place and only your closest friends are allowed to know the spot.

Also, I thought about it being some kind of joke? Coins falling through planks? I dunno.
    M1J0ELittleLori
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 818
    It's like the frogs and gold inside the roof of Emmett's ship or the little treasure hoarding rat in the bowels of the Sea Cow. I love little extra things like that, that you know are there but they're just hidden away.
    FizyxPyrobugM1J0ELittleLori
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,903
    That is pretty cool. Thanks for point it out! Maybe it's a hoard hidden by the Romans and the owner of the shed hasn't found this out? Maybe the Lego designer was watching the excellent BBC series 'The Detectorists'?

Or it could be for good luck :)
    Gibbo1959LittleLori
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 626
    Artificially increasing the part count and sales price (he asked cynically)?

I too enjoy little hidden details like this; the rat with an orange "cheese slope" in the Green Grocer modular is one of my favorites.
    FowlerBricksLittleLoriMynattmafon