Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Masters TV competition on Fox.

dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 173
From the show...     "Actor and producer Will Arnett will host new unscripted competition series LEGO MASTERS, premiering Wednesday, Feb. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The series will feature pairs of LEGO enthusiasts facing off in unbelievable brick-building challenges. Throughout the competition, Arnett, alongside expert judges, will encourage the builders, introduce incredible challenges and put the creations to the test until one duo is crowned LEGO MASTERS."

https://www.fox.com/lego-masters/
The_Rancor

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 846
    I hope this gets broadcast in the UK on our version of Fox. I think Will Arnett will be hilarious with the format, in a different way to Melvin Odoom here in the UK. I hope after all this international expansion of the format they make another UK series sometime too though! It’s been over a year here and no sign of another series.
    Switchfoot55
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 599
    Lego Batman himself. I hope they get other voice actors from the Lego movies on there too as guest judges. I wonder who the regular non-celebrity judges will be?
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,688
    I'm super excited for this series to start. I was able to watch the first season of the UK version a couple years back after it aired. I'd love to catch season 2. Are there others? 

Will Arnett will bring a lot of the series I think. 
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 846
    ^ There have been 2 full series/seasons of Lego Masters in the UK with the ‘real people’ teams (all adults, all kids or one of both) plus a Christmas special last year where one celebrity (mostly comedians) joined one kid to make each team. Got quite controversial in the latter when a celebrity knocked over one of the kid’s designs at the last second before judging.

That Fox info page doesn’t say anything about the judges. I wonder if Matthew Ashton or someone similar might appear to judge?
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 580
    I'm very excited to check it out! I even know one of the pairs of contestants, so it will be very cool to see how they do!
    Switchfoot55andhe
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,352
    To quote my lovely wife:  'Uuuuuuuuugh.  This is a show?'
    Pyrobugdehnehsubrickventuresandhe
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 38
    edited December 2019
    SumoLego said:
    To quote my lovely wife:  'Uuuuuuuuugh.  This is a show?'

My wife was actually impressed by the Aussie version. Opened her eyes to the existence of AFOL, which she honestly didn’t know was a thing.
    Astrobricks
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 367
    I'll be watching just out of curiosity.  We've got some really talented builders in my area so i get to see cool stuff all the time.