Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bricklink advice needed :)

DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
Hey everybody,
i'm not really new to BL, but with my current search i'm not sure what's the smartest way to get to my goal.
Here's what i'm looking for, as a X-Mas gift, i would like to "kitbash" 10 Minifigures with Heads that i already have at hand. So mainly i'm looking for Torsos that work with Flesh heads. I would like them to work in a City Environment (no Sci-Fi/Fantasy) and it don't matter if it's a "civilian" Torso, or if it displays a certain job. I have no idea what's the smartest way, to find a shop (in Germany) with a decent selection of torsi that fit this description, and are not to expensive! I've also thought to buy one of these City People packs, but they seem to contain a lot of Torsi with yellow Flesh showing :/
Any advice is welcome.

Comments

• bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 692
    I see two possible approaches. 
    1. You can select a torso assembly that already used tan hands. Here's the list: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=983&v=2&in=P&colorID=28&srt=0&srtAsc=A&ov=Y
    or
    2. Get the torso assembly you like and separate tan hands and do a switcheroo. 
    panchox1Jackad7Diggydoes
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,036
    Civilians in superheros sets can be a good option.
    Diggydoes
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    I see two possible approaches. 
    1. You can select a torso assembly that already used tan hands. Here's the list: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=983&v=2&in=P&colorID=28&srt=0&srtAsc=A&ov=Y
    or
    2. Get the torso assembly you like and separate tan hands and do a switcheroo. 
    Thanks for the Input! I would def. switch Hands, since "licensed" Torsi seem to be more expensive than non-licensed! 
    Maybe i've explained it wrong (sorry for my bad english), i'm looking for a way to filter cheap Torsi that match my criteria and if possible from few sellers as possible.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Civilians in superheros sets can be a good option.
    Jup, thought about that too, but looks like "city" torsi are cheaper for me here, since i already have the Heads i want to use at hand ;)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,142

There are quite a few torsos in regular non-licensed sets that will fit the bill. Although there are still too many that have a tiny piece of yellow (or flesh in licensed sets) LEGO have been getting better at not including this recently.

If you go for something like the fishing shack, all four figures have torsos without yellow print on them (if you switch the arms for the fishing vest for long white ones).

The people in the park pack also has a fair few. It is annoying though when they do this:

and not this:

Find them on BL is more troublesome. What you can do is make a wants list of many target torsos, then search for seller that have a lot of them.

Or you can find a seller that has some cheap ones that fit what you want, then look in their store to see if they have others that are cheap.

BL is good when you know exactly what you want. When you are not sure, it is harder to search.

omniumDiggydoes