Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ten Things in Ten Years - Collectable Minifigures

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 948
edited December 2019 in Brickset.com articles
Ten Things in Ten Years - Collectable Minifigures

Minifigures have maintained great significance since their introduction during 1978 and I think their prominence has only increased across the present decade. Collectable Minifigures may have become the most important factor in that interesting development.

This celebrated range was launched in 2011 and more than thirty series have been released since then. These occupy an entry level price point which was not served to the same extent historically and have allowed LEGO to reach the valuable collectables market in recent years.

Continue reading »

© 2019 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Source: 47498

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,279
    Ha... Top comment from the main page:

"Did LEGO ask Brickset to write this fluff piece to soften the blow from the increase price?"

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,096
    edited December 2019
    Ha as someone who just recently became one with CMF I can attest to the expense. I’m going to want something more than just a simple story to legitimize an increase.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,505
    Unless there's a price drop back to $3 or less, I'll only be buying CMFs on clearance or the secondary market. 
    andhe
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    It will be interesting to see the size of the drop off of demand once the price increases
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,410
    So wait. Is there a price increase?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,349
    I like Fluff.  It goes well with PB&J.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    So wait. Is there a price increase?

Rumor is a bump to 4.99 USD for a pack, IIRC