Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Beware Pixmania underpaying refunds!

Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
edited January 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
I've had this problem twice now with pixmania - basically, when they refund you, they refund only about 90% of the amount that they should.

- First time, they owed me £258.95 and paid 2 installments of £114.63, each of which I had to hassle them for, and finally £29.81.
- Second time they owed me £129.50 and paid me £114.63 - have yet to chase it.

This doesnt seem to be an isolated mistake but a systematic error which will lose you money if you dont notice it.
=============================================
Check your bank statements if you've had any refunds from Pixmania!!!!!
=============================================

Moved to Buying and Selling by YC 1/20/12

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,731
    edited January 2012
    Why is this? Do they claim it's for postage or admin fee?
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited January 2012
    No, its neither of those. The second one they turned out not to have stock for, so it was their fault, and nothing was shipped.
    The first one they shipped, but it never got as far as arriving with me!

I suspect its because theyre based in france so they probably convert to Euros for their system, using an exchange rate that works in their favour. This is just a guess though.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Thanks Si. Will double check mine, I know it was in the right region, so didn't check it precisely. I doubt I'll chase though as I'm still not sure why the refunded me, so I think its' bet to keep my gob shut!
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180

just noticed on their german site that they have some of the 50% off stuff marked as "WIE NEU" which means like new - very odd.

also the return address for their UK electrical items is currys so looks like they are a large scale drop shipping firm.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,335
    ^they have the same like new banner on uk site, basically its damaged or opened outer boxes
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    ^ aka stuff from Tesco Direct... lol