Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Batmobiles available now!

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 718
edited November 28 in Brickset.com articles
Batmobiles available now!

The awesome 76139 1989 Batmobile is now available in the UK and Europe at LEGO.com, for £219.99/249.99€ .

CapnRex101 reviewed the 3306-piece set a couple of weeks ago and concluded that "it captures the crucial combination of menace and elegance which distinguishes this celebrated Batmobile from others"

Furthermore, if you don't delay in purchasing it you'll receive the equally awesome mini version of the vehicle, 40433 1989 Batmobile (pictured), for free while stocks last.

Place your order here and look out for our review of this miniature masterpiece tomorrow.

© 2019 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Source: 47353

Comments

• FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 518
    GWP Batmobile all gone.. it seems.. and Batmobile on backorder to 10th December now for the UK.. 
    Plenty of GWP Batmobile 40433 on eBay currently .. snap them up as they will be one of the LEGO collectibles for the future! 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    No point in buying it at full price now the GWP is gone. Might as well wait until there is a decent offer on it.

LEGO marketing at its finest.
    SumoLego
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 395
    Unbelievable that the GWP Batmobile is already gone.  I wonder if they have any left in store.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    At 10.06 today I got a VIP email ... The exclusive all-new 1989 Batmobile™ has arrived.

Unfortunately it has also left again already, and its return will be delayed.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 504
    This is verging on UCS Falcon levels of ineptitude
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 580
    CCC said:
    At 10.06 today I got a VIP email ... The exclusive all-new 1989 Batmobile™ has arrived.

Unfortunately it has also left again already, and its return will be delayed.
    10.08 here :)
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,791
    Lego Marketing

Idiot 1: Okay, so we have the new batmobile from 1989 coming out what promos should we do?

Idiot 2: How about offering a minifig scale model of the model?

Idiot 1: That is genius! People will love it. How many should we make?

Idiot 2: 10?

Idiot 1: Sounds brilliant. Lets go home.
    BumblepantsBrainsluggedKungFuKenny
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,375
    Wow what a mess
    Whoever signed off on launching such a heigh value set on the same day as the main Black Friday sale kicking in... - genius...

anyway - like so many, after failing to get the website working overnight (and incidentally having my credit card frozen due to ‘fraud like activity’ due to the many failed checkout attempts... and my VIP redemption code lost in the system unused but saying it has been used....thanks for that TLG. I decided to head to a store (which also meant fixing the credit card situation) - Southampton, in this case. They had hundreds of the mini batmobiles and even had them on shelves to sell as items in their own right.

i wonder if other stores are the same.... also the staff at Southampton were great and very latent with me, since it took eight attempts and almost two hours to get my card unlocked by the bank and process payment...

anyway - if the stock is the same throughout stores then if people can try a store.
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 114
    how much was the mini one being sold for?
    edited November 29
    On ordering last night via LEGO [email protected] the GWP Batmobile had a GWP value of £25 against it. 

“ Southampton, in this case. They had hundreds of the mini batmobiles and even had them on shelves to sell as items in their own right.”
    Wow.. I bet the shelf will be empty tomorrow.. 
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,375
    The shop was packed and yes things were moving, but I don’t think they were selling at any great rate - steady maybe but they had a lot of stock so may last a day or so.
    it was just interesting it was being sold and not just a giveaway. I’m afraid I didn’t check the price though 
    Fireheart
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 563
    Fireheart said:
    On ordering last night via LEGO [email protected] the GWP Batmobile had a GWP value of £25 against it. 

“ Southampton, in this case. They had hundreds of the mini batmobiles and even had them on shelves to sell as items in their own right.”
    Wow.. I bet the shelf will be empty tomorrow.. 
    I've asked elsewhere on the forum but if anyone can in the UK can pick up a couple of the smaller models for me from a store that is over stocked I'd be grateful ideally for cost + postage. One is for me and one is for another AFOL.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    The main set is still available, although on back order.  I would be surprised if they didn’t honour the promo when it becomes available again on the 10th.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 942
    Has anyone got a pic of #76139 built alongside #7784?
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 685
    LuLego said:
    Has anyone got a pic of #76139 built alongside #7784?
    Here's one:

KungFuKennyPyrobugdrdavewatfordTXLegoguySumoLegoMynattstluxLuLegobrickmatt
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 942
    Exactly what I was after - thanks!
    SumoLego
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,317
    My God the new one really is a monster!
    KungFuKennyLegoboySumoLegoMr_Cross
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    Big, innit!  Crumbs.
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,203
    edited November 30
    Muftak1 said:
    This is verging on UCS Falcon levels of ineptitude
    Ah, that was it's own level of ineptitude.  And, no useless special VIP promotion that was independently and ridiculously inept for everyone other than @samiam391.
    ^^^^ Where's the Bat-Pod?  Amateur.
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 20
    How hard would it be to build this entirely from parts on Bricklink?  Those wheel arches look specialized, but I recall the review saying they were in a few other sets.  What else will make this tough to piece together?
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 736
    edited December 1
    FireFox31 said:
    How hard would it be to build this entirely from parts on Bricklink?  Those wheel arches look specialized, but I recall the review saying they were in a few other sets.  What else will make this tough to piece together?
    Brickset says it only appears in that set? https://brickset.com/parts/6289822
    At the very worst, that's likely only at this moment. I highly doubt Lego created a new element just for a promotional set. It'll be everywhere by this time next year.

Edit: Ignore that. I just noticed the 'identical parts' tab. Only the element number has changed, but the part has been previously released.