Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Requesting Valuation of Home One (7754)

eastsixeastsix Member Posts: 12
edited February 2012 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hi, can i ask what people think us a good price for a bnib home one star wars set? Ive found it for under £70, but im not sure how much i want it!

Comments

• ChompersChompers Member Posts: 648
    Several places have this set at the moment reduced. Debenhams have it at £67.50 so depends how much under £70 your find is?
  • eastsixeastsix Member Posts: 12
    Yeah, thats the one! Not really a snapitup price, is this considered collectable? The a wing pilot in this winds me up for some reason
  • ChompersChompers Member Posts: 648
    Know what you mean about the pilot colours just don't seem very SW!!! As far as price goes, so many sets have been 50% off for SW of late and for this reason I won't push the button on this 1 until it hits £45 a bit of risk I guess.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,492
    I can't see it listed on Debenhams any more, but the Entertainer has it for the same price.
  • eastsixeastsix Member Posts: 12
    Yeah, i feel a bit lego- drunk on all the cheap sets i bought. Hard to get excited about *just* a few quid off
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Has anyone else noticed the jump this set has made in the past week?

For a long time, months, it has been in the $80 price range on Amazon... Just noticed it is up to $100, first time I've seen that.

It is FINALLY starting to get short on stock of the major resellers? I know it isn't back to retail yet, but could we see that by summer? Sheesh! :)
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    The A-Wing pilots actually did wear green uniforms... they were just a lot darker. My problems with the A-Wing and B-Wing pilot minifigs are the helmets, though. As much detail as they've put into the helmets for the various members of Red and Rogue Squadron, these generic space helmets with what seem to be random designs printed on them really bug me.

On topic, aside from the hangar, I think Home One is a nice set. I feel like the unpopularity of the set stems less from it being a 'bad' set outright and more from it being an interior, rather than a full Home One class MC80. I personally think doing either the Home One or Liberty class MC80s outside of the UCS line would be a mistake, though I suppose they did the much larger Star Destroyer as a minifigure set for 6211...

That's beside the point, though. This set has been discontinued for a while, and, at least in the US, the price seems to be on the rise... after a looooooong period of prices well below retail. Mon Mothma is also exclusive to this set... as is Crix Madine if you exclude the SDCC exclusive display set. I don't know what value these will add to the set long term, especially given the minor roles these characters played in the films, but look at freaking Greedo. I'd at least say keep an eye on it and pull the trigger if it looks like the price is starting to rise. If you really want it, anyway.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Look at the current price of 6211, that set has really risen in the past 6 months. I was lucky to pickup a copy for $200 six months ago. :)

I do agree, an MC80 UCS would be sweet... how to do it without it looking ugly, is another matter...

How about a UCS Nebulon-B?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Though I would personally love a Nebulon-B, I think that one is way too niche for LEGO to consider (even moreso than any of the MC80s). At least until they've exhausted all of their other options.

Speaking of... how on earth do I not have a UCS TIE Fighter yet? And will the lackluster (putting it nicely) sales of Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter prevent me from seeing a UCS A-Wing?