Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Anything interesting in Japan?

pgeorgepgeorge Brussels | SpainMember Posts: 11
edited November 27 in Shopping Elsewhere
Hi there!
I have used the search and I havent seen anything recently in the forum.
Soon I have a small holiday period in Japan. Anyone may know if there is any interesting second-hand shop in Tokio or anywhere or regional set that is only available in the area?
I have seen a legoland in Nagoya, and a Discovery Center in Osaka. The first one is outside my route, but maybe I can do a detour to Osaka and see what's there.
Thnks!

Comments

• stevenzhangstevenzhang Member Posts: 427
    Maybe try toyrus japan for this year’s bricktober sets! 

I am not aware there are any exclusive in Japan in terms of lego. But definitely worth a visit to any Pokemon centre as there are exclusives in every store~ 
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,386

If you're going to catch the shinkansen to Osaka from Tokyo you will pass through Nagoya. Both Legoland in Nagoya and the discovery center in Osaka are a decent train ride from the station. 

Do you have young children? If not, I don't think you will be able to enter the Osaka Discovery Center. Unaccompanied adults are generally excluded.

I haven't been to Tokyo so don't know of any stores. The PAB wall at the Nagoya store is a hundred times better than the one in Osaka-umeda.

If you're near a TRU it would be worth checking but all of the Bricktober sets sold out at my closest one.

You should be able to get Legoland exclusive sets at Legoland and in the LDC, and they generally let you in the store even if you can't enter the play/display area. 

If you go to the LDC and aren't allowed in there's a great aquarium right next door so it doesn't need to be a wasted trip.

If you are going to stop in Nagoya and are a Studio Ghibli fan there is an amazing recreation of the house from My Neighbor Totoro just outside town.

Let me know if you have any questions, but nothing too complicated, I've only been here three months :)
    KungFuKennyandheSumoLegoDeMontes