Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PaB Wish List

Was discussing PaB with the manager of the new store in Birmingham (largest PaB wall in UK ?), she is proactively very interested in keeping the wall as fresh and inviting as possible and said that the store does have some control over what appears in the wall as they can order although it does come from a list they can choose from..

Made me think.... what are your UK PaB wishes?.... obviously helpful if it's something you know has appeared on the wall or would be within that type of category so no licenced parts, no expensive Chinese new year lanterns etc.

So.... what items would you like to appear / be stocked.. can you help me build a little list of what we'd like them to consider.

Comments

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 994
    I always get the impession that although they can choose what to stock, it only from a fairly limited selection of parts. And even then they may not receive the stuff they asked for. Plus all the stores i go to seem to end up with the same parts sooner or later anyway.
    gmonkey76madforLEGOBumblepantsandhe
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,478
    ^This is true. They can order what's on the list but LEGO still sends what they have in stock. If they order 2 cases of x brick and LEGO doesn't have it they will sub or not send.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,437
    My presumption, based on perceived demand, is that tile and plants/foliage top most 'want lists' for the PaB wall, at least at the Schaumburg IL one. Usually when they get tile or leaf pieces (and new flowers) they go fairly fast. So basically any kind of bulk usage pieces (aside from std brick and plate) tend to sell well.
    gmonkey76
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 446
    I could do with some larger (1x4, 1x6) bricks and (1x6/8/12, 2x6/8) plates in common colours (e.g. tan, dark tan, dark red, dark green, rb, lbg, dbg, white) and white plates 4x8 or bigger... 
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 567
    1x1 tiles in dark red. I need a load to fill the gaps between the white lines in my cycle path.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,490
    White parts, any basic white parts!
    panchox17BS
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 785
    If a store near me got in some LBG or DBG 2x4 bricks, I'd buy the lot. I haven't seen them on a PaB wall since summer 2018.
    In general, I'm always after basic grey bricks and tiles. Not so much with plates.
    I know that masonry bricks are always popular. I've heard of them being stocked in LBG, but never when I've been near a store. I bought a couple of cups of them in dark red a few weeks ago from Stratford. I wish I'd bought more! Other colours would be nice too, though: how about tan?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    For me, 1x1, 1x2 and 1x3 tiles in LBG and 1x1 bricks with stud on one side.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 785
    CCC said:
    1x1 bricks with stud on one side.
    They have those fairly often in Leicester Sq and Shepherd's Bush. I bought a whole cup in LBG about a month ago from one of them. SPB, I think. And I've seen them there in sand green several times.
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 354
    The Northpark, Dallas, store has Tan and LBG 1x1 w/stud on the side.
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 114
    Being in 4 stores in 3 states in the last 2 months, nobody had larger white slopes. Or they had shutters/windows but no window frames. so I'd like to see some white slopes in various sizes or window frames on the ol' PnB wall.
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 143

Birmingham being new and having a large wall has really a good selection..

Masonry brick in LBG and Dark Red/reddish brown..

Tyre, wheel and chassis - how often do you see more than 1 of those at a time.

Windowframe AND shutters

Doofrrame AND door

1x2 tiles in Sand green, LBG, white, Orange/reddish

but the sense i'm getting so far from the responses is AFOLs like white and grey parts, we like tiles, we like SNOTs, we like masonry bricks and we like larger plates.

omniumKungFuKenny
    Tiles FTW! Any shape. Any colour.
    BastySumoLegoKungFuKennymak0137
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,203
    edited November 25
    2x2 Dark Grey Tiles.  I would buy them all.  All of them.
    Sidewalks be expensive!  All of these damn carts all over the place require wider sidewalks!
    (Anybody else notice that the spacing is all of sudden very weird?  Why so much space between the lines?)
    KungFuKennyomniumTkatt
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 610
    edited November 25
    CCC said:
    For me, 1x1, 1x2 and 1x3 tiles in LBG and 1x1 bricks with stud on one side.
    The PAB wall in downtown Chicago currently has several side-attach / SNOT pieces, along with 1x4 dark green tiles and 2x2 round reddish-brown tiles.  And brooms, ice cream scoops, and red gems, which I stocked up on for no clear reason... 

SumoLego said:
    2x2 Dark Grey Tiles.  I would buy them all.  All of them.
    Sidewalks be expensive!  All of these damn carts all over the place require wider sidewalks!
    About a year ago my local shop had 2x2 LBG tiles, and I did not feel guilty at all filling up 3 tall cups worth...
    Switchfoot55madforLEGOgmonkey76omnium
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 815
    Southampton recently had some azure 2x2 modified leaf pieces (like the ones in the Sparkle Babies set) as well as carrots, stems and the new flower mould in a couple of colours. Unfortunately no larger vegetation but I thought this was pretty good, might consider a Felucia MOC
    KungFuKenny
    omnium said:
    CCC said:
    1x1 bricks with stud on one side.
    They have those fairly often in Leicester Sq and Shepherd's Bush. I bought a whole cup in LBG about a month ago from one of them. SPB, I think. And I've seen them there in sand green several times.
    Yeah, I have a cup full. It is more the plates for me, but with the snot bricks at the same time. I use them for cylindrical towers.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,407
    I'm still looking for about 700 dark red 1x2 plates. I need to get started on the Robie House.
    SumoLegomak0137
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 339
    I wish there was a convenient way to know what is available on the wall without going to the shop in person. I'm in Minnesota so the only local wall is at the Mall of America. Going there is not fun. Parking and navigating through the Mall is a hassle if you go on a busy day, which is pretty much any day this time of year. So getting there and finding nothing worth buying is quite disappointing.
     My ultimate wish is that TLG would open a second store at a quieter location here in the metro area. Picking bricks from the wall at the MOA can be a very stressful experience. There is so much noise and chaos most of the time when I'm there. Tourists standing and staring at the wall, every one of them asking how to get bricks out of the highest bins. Tourists blocking the bins so they can take selfies. Kids (who aren't filling cups) sticking dirty hands into every bin spilling the contents onto the floor. Parents who assume the wall is a play area and encourage their kids to stick their hands into every bin. And then there is the nearly constant screams from the adjacent amusement park. 
    As for parts, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, bricks and plates in any color except lime green. Also 2x2 dark grey tiles.
    Thanks for letting me vent/rant. 
    560Heliport
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 659
    2x2 tiles any and all colours for me 😁
    SumoLegomak0137
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 659
    Ooo and any kind of animals but especially horses you always animals in interesting mocs
    Ooo and any kind of animals but especially horses you always animals in interesting mocs
    Brown horses were available a couple of years ago... that was interesting trying to fit as many as possible in a tall cup!
    Switchfoot55mustang69madforLEGOdmcc0
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 416
    Brown horses were available a couple of years ago... that was interesting trying to fit as many as possible in a tall cup!
    That is surprising considering what they go for on BnPs, but I would love to see those on a wall some time.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,437
    At one point a long while ago  PaB had old fashioned horse pieces in white if I recall correctly, and old molf/dog molds in brown
    KungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 927
    I got white horses around a decade ago. I got four, later gave two to my cousin's kid. I don't know why I didn't get as many as would git in the cup.
    KungFuKenny
    Tkatt said:

As for parts, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, bricks and plates in any color except lime green.
    Watch out, or you'll get them all but only in orange and magenta.
    KungFuKenny
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 143

So... updating the take-aways from this.....

[1] We'd like a method of knowing what's in the PaB wall at a store without actually having to go and be disappointed.

[2] Masonry bricks, tiles of all sizes and colours, white and grey of anything, larger plates and snots all highly sought after and should be core lines.

[3] Animals/creatures/horses (we've had spiders in PaB in UK recently) now and again would have people heading to store ;)

[4] Complete sets - wheels and tyres, windows and frames.. not just one of them.

KungFuKenny
    edited November 28
    Good summary @Shropshire, but maybe focus the animals on mammals, birds, and larger reptiles (alligators, etc)... I have too many snakes, scorpions, spiders, and bats, but would love an army of sharks, horses, tigers, or T. Rexes ... :-). Basically the more ABS poured into the mold, the more desirable the part!
    dmcc0
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 927
    As far as "sets", windows AND frames, etc., they can't control how many of each piece customers take, so there's bound to be unevenness in the quantities. I'm just glad to have a bunch of Transparent Light Blue lightsaber blades to go with all of my extra hilts. I can make a Jedi army, with lots of yellow-skinned "aliens"! :)

madforLEGOgmonkey76
    Metrocentre currently has white window frames with white windows. The employees have even filled a tub with paired windows and frames. Same with DBG dorframes and yellow doors.