Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Annual trip to NYC - anything to look out for?

BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
Hi gang,

Mrs Boo and I are heading to New York.  Any tips for exclusives - polys etc - to look out for.  I know the TRU Bricktober sets are a thing of the past, but last time we were here there were things like the Harry Potter teacher set at Barnes and Noble, and the Star Wars Kessel Miner poly.

There might not be anything now Lego are taking more of a global view of things (hurrah!), but if anyone's aware of anything, then I've got a few friends back home who always appreciate something rare.

Cheers!

Boo

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,203
    I haven't seen anything of regional bias or exclusivity.  (Definitely nothing particular to NYC.)

Enjoy the snow!
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 736
    You need to make a quick jaunt a few hours north to the fine city of Montréal! We have exclusive, uh, um.... stuff. Yeah.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,951
    There were Minifigure torsos with a 'I heart NY' design in the NY stores I visited.
    TheOriginalSimonB
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 580
    klinton said:
    You need to make a quick jaunt a few hours north to the fine city of Montréal! We have exclusive, uh, um.... stuff. Yeah.
    We are coming to Montreal in December. Keep some snow for us
    klintonkiki180703
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 157

Hello Mr and Mrs Boo

Nice that you’re returning to the NYC. I’m not sure if there’s anything special to look out for this time. There are a few ordinary polys popping up at Target. With the new Star Wars movie hitting the theatres soon and The Mandalorian series launching on Disney+, I thought there would be some kind of exclusive announced by now 😠

These are a few of the polys I’ve seen in November at Target:

#30573 Santa
    #30451 Spider-Man’s Mini Spider Crawler
    #30553 Elsa’s Winter Throne
    #30410 Mia’s Water Fun
    #30361 Fire ATV
    #30364 Popcorn Cart

This poly seems to be generating the most buzz but availability is still unknown in the US right now:

#30623 SHAZAM

I’ll keep my eyes open for anything new that comes my way.

SumoLego
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,352
    edited November 18
    There were Minifigure torsos with a 'I heart NY' design in the NY stores I visited.

This guy: #853599-1 - torso in the BAM bar as well as on the magnet at Rockefeller.
    And they still had Statue of Liberty magnet as well.

• CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 158
    I'm going in March. I do wish LEGO would do some small region specific sets for their stores in touristy cities/places. Like an apple for New York. I think they did something like that when they opened it but it should have been kept.
    LittleLori
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 815
    Also if you see any “NY I Heart” torsos with sand green hands lying around that would be great to bring back...
    KungFuKennyLittleLoribrickventuresclassicdavetheoxygenman