Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What would you call...

SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 203
Brick Built Figures that are made to look like giant-sized Minifigures? I'm referring of course to the likes of the Giant Man, Ares, and Giant Stone Warrior figures we've gotten over the past few years. I know they're technically brick built figures still, but it feels like they could do with a name of their own. Macrofigure, perhaps? Or Maxifigure?

While we're talking about them, anyone have any ideas for future such figures you'd like to see made?
SumoLego

Comments

• klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 736
    I've never thought to name them, tbh. It does annoy me that they're not counted amongst the minifigs in the minifigs list though, while things like Unikitty and random classic space drones are. Maxifig sounds about right.

I would absolutely sell my soul for Lego to introduce a Giganta one though! Little by little we're very slowly getting a Wonder Woman rogues gallery, and she, Doctor Psycho, and Silver Swan (Valerie, ideally) are characters I just need.
    SumoLegocatwranglergmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 927
    How about giant hologram Snoke from The Force Awakens? Including minifig Kylo Ren and General Hux, of course.
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 767
    How about giant hologram Snoke from The Force Awakens? Including minifig Kylo Ren and General Hux, of course.
    As long as there is a GWP Rian Johnson figure. Complete with reddish brown cylinders to take a dump all over the Episode VII setups!
    gmonkey76JMaster
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,203
    Maxifig doesn't sound right.

Or in the alternative... -snickers-
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    On bricklink, anything significantly larger than a minifigure that is brick built is now being included in the catalogue, but being called a "special assembly". Thsi covers all sorts of things though, not just characters. Sarlaccs, trucks, Harry Potter cars, ... all things that used not to be in their catalogue.

Astrobricks
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 146
    edited November 15
    I thought sets from the ‘70s like #208 already use the Maxifig tag to identify the figure type included in the sets
    OldfanAstrobricks
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,317
    I thought sets from the ‘70s like #208 already use the Maxifig tag to identify the figure type included in the sets
    Correct.

LittleLoridavetheoxygenmanOldfandatsunrobbieSumoLegoAstrobricks