Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Creator 3-in-1 vs. Creator Expert

ApryldsAprylds TexasMember Posts: 8
How does the size of the 3 in 1 buildings compare to the expert modular buildings?  My son wants buildings but he is not ready for the experts.  But I don’t want to send a bunch of money on the 3 in 1s if they will just look out of place with the experts later on.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,437
    edited November 14
    I personally think most of the 3n1 buildings are mods on a budget, so I think they should mesh with the Mod line... my 2 cents.
    Plus they tend to go on sale for at least 20% off at most retailers if you wait a bit
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 835
    I think they are a good starting point for buildings.  There definitely is a size difference but modifying them to fit the size of the modulars can also be a fun task for your son in the future.
    Another option is the Avengers Sanctum Sanctorum.  It is a nice building to build. It is a little smaller than the regular modulars but you can get it right now for about $60 (40% off).
    Of course, it also depends on how old your son is right now.
    Fizyx
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 531
    Seconded on the Sanctum Sanctorum. It fits surprisingly well for help the piece count of a modular & you won’t be disappointed to have it in your collection. 

catwranglerFowlerBricksmsanders
  • ApryldsAprylds TexasMember Posts: 8
    Thanks for y’all’s input.  He is only six right now so it will be awhile before we move to the expert buildings.  I just didn’t want to send a ton on buildings just to have them look way off with the others later on.

@ReesesPieces where do you find sets on sale?  We only have Walmart and Target, so good sales are few and far between.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 835
    @Aprylds It was $60 on amazon but looks like it sold out. Right now, it is $65 on Targrt but they will give you a $10 gift card.  This is actually a better deal since it is like paying $55. 
    madforLEGO
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 593
    @Snapshot That looks great, especially the random lady Stormtrooper walking down the stairs!
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    @Snapshot That looks great, especially the random lady Stormtrooper walking down the stairs!
    Proper inviting and comfortable housing is important for keeping troop moral up.  Stormtroopers are people too!
  • SnapshotSnapshot Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 22
    She's not random when viewed as part of the whole layout as this is Trooperville where even the ladies wear armour (and the kids as soon as I get some short white legs). It's a sort of side-shoot of my Starwarped stormtrooper silliness project.
    FizyxcatwranglerMaffyDBaby_Yoda
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 354
    I mod the 3-in-1 buildings to add housing.
  • SnapshotSnapshot Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 22
    Fizyx said:
    Proper inviting and comfortable housing is important for keeping troop moral up.  Stormtroopers are people too!
    Please tell that to our MOD. The standard of the accommodation available to our troops and their families is disgraceful.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 900
    Many of the 3-in-1 buildings can be modded into modular size if you buy 2 or more sets of them.

Below is 2x 31026.

gmonkey76wardmWhiteDoveLittleLori
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 767
    @Recce I did that too. Made a 16×32 Bike Shop and 32x32 Corner Cafe. Worked out pretty well!
    wardm