Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Inside Tour 2020

benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 426
Well, first year of sign up and I've been accepted onto the August 2020 Inside Tour! Anybody else got their confirmation today?

Now I'm terrified… I signed up alone, so I hope there's some friendly faces there ;-)

I'll need all the tips I can get regarding travel, everything… :D
pxchrisFizyxLostInTranslationstluxdrdavewatfordKungFuKennykhopewosinThe_RancorRoebuckkiki180703

Comments

• nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 48
    Well, sounds like we're in a similar boat...I got in for next Sept. (my third try) and I need lots of advice...and another job to pay for it all!
    benbacardiKungFuKennyRoebuckkiki180703
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 610
     @benbacardi  @nmualumni  Congratulations!  The previous year’s threads have tons of info...

No luck here, unfortunately, although I’ll wait a few days to see if anyone drops out.  

Have a great time!
    benbacardi
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 143
    I went alone... you have absolutely nothing to worry about... there will be a mix of singles, couples, families etc and let's face it you all have a few things in common...
    drdavewatfordstluxbenbacardiLittleLoriThe_RancorRoebuckkiki180703
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    Alas, no joy here!
    benbacardi
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    I got in to the Sept one.  Think its my 4th or 5th year trying.
    KungFuKennyLittleLoribenbacardiRoebuckkiki180703
  • nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 48
    graphite said:
    I got in to the Sept one.  Think its my 4th or 5th year trying.
    Well, I guess you and I will become friends as we are on the same tour in Sept.
    LittleLorigraphitebenbacardi
  • keithsimpsonkeithsimpson Member Posts: 46
    No Luck here 6th attempt
    DoktorLbenbacardi
  • DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 85
    Same here, 4th or 5th attempt for my son and me - no luck again - disappointed.
    benbacardi
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 815
    Congratulations and August should be a great time for a tour - the Legoland Park, Lego House and any other attractions you might want to go to nearby will all have maximum opening hours and potentially additional events (the only trade off might be busier airports etc.). 

I made the mistake of going to Billund in Spring time last year and got told to leave the Lego House at 4pm - which really surprised me as I wanted to stay til at least 5! 

I was also also flying solo on the tour - i’d say the majority of tourers in my group were with at least one other person (kids or adults) but it really doesn’t matter in the end. I still think it’s best to get there early on the day before the tour, or 2 days early. Then when you waltz around Legoland or the Lego House ensure you wear your Inside Tour lanyard so you pick each other out before the tour itself. Helps to break the ice before organised ice breaking!
    LittleLoriRoebuck
  • RoebuckRoebuck Slitu, NorwayMember Posts: 54
    Congratulations to those lucky few that got a spot next year :D
    I was a "lucky looser" last year so it is still hope for those who got a rejection the first round!
    I went solo and had a great time, so no problem going alone.
    The most useful tips are already in the many reports from earlier years, but I can repeat a few.
    If you are going in a off-season time like September, check if it is best to come early or stay longer after the tour since Legoland and Legohouse is not open every day then.
    Do not underestimate jetlag, apparently one guy this year missed most of the tour because of it, so are you coming from USA or similar come a few days early to adjust.
    The castle hotel you are staying on the tour is something special, but also very expensive so you can save money staying at a different hotel the extra nights.
    Instead of paying for breakfast at the other hotel I recommend eating at the bakery close to Lego house, it is cheap and very good food there.
    Loplet is also worth a visit if you have time, it is plenty of rare Lego there, but BL prices more or less.
    I ate the extra dinners at Cafe Bellini Ristorante and Lego house, the pizza was very good at the first place and the second place is a must for Lego fans with surprisingly good food made by minifigs ;)
    KungFuKenny
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 426
    Thanks for the advice!

If you're staying extra days, are you allowed to visit the Lego House on those days even though they're not part of your Inside Tour, or would you have to pay to enter that time?
  • RoebuckRoebuck Slitu, NorwayMember Posts: 54
    Thanks for the advice!

If you're staying extra days, are you allowed to visit the Lego House on those days even though they're not part of your Inside Tour, or would you have to pay to enter that time?
    You can go to the castle hotel and pick up your stuff the from the weekend before the tour. There you will get a annual pass to Legoland. For the Lego house it is a little different, you get a gift card for a annual pass there. So if you do not visit the Lego house except on the tour you can save it a couple of years I think before activating it.
    That do not apply for most people on the tour except those coming back to Billund later. So I activated it before the tour and can now visit Lego house for free for a year, which I plan to do sometime next year ;)
    benbacardi