Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Set Storage

MTYTOR8MTYTOR8 MDMember Posts: 1
Hello! I'm looking for ideas on how to store my holiday sets that are taken apart. Right now each set is in a Zip-Lock baggie but I think I want something a little more formal.

Thanks! 

Comments

• autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 134
    I do mine in quart or gallon zip locks for each bag from the original packaging, depending on how much was in each bag or set of bags, and then put those into a sterilite, rubbermaid, or iris storage bin. You could just go straight into storage bins.

I guess I should add one other detail: I put the minifigs and little presents into a pretty small clip lid case, rather than loose in the zip lock bags with the other stuff.
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 531
    That’s all I do once they’re taken apart. You can get some thin under bed type totes if you want to leave some assembled. I just use a few zip locks per set so some of the smaller models are separated out, put them back in the boxes (which I do save for the winter village) then they go in a tote alongside the rest of the Christmas stuff. 
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 249

This is how I store my sets after I'm done displaying them.
    Fizyxeggshen
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    Put them back in their boxes.

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 815
    When i’m done displaying my sets I leave them assembled and place them carefully on top of each other in themed storage crates (perhaps removing the Minifigs or placing them nearby). I don’t have the room to keep original boxes so most of those except exclusives or D2Cs go straight off to get recycled when the set’s complete. I already use a lot of room but it’s much more manageable this way - and I can take models from a certain theme out straight away if I want to, to change displays or make dioramas.
    KungFuKenny
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 392
    When i’m done displaying my sets I leave them assembled and place them carefully on top of each other in themed storage crates (perhaps removing the Minifigs or placing them nearby). I don’t have the room to keep original boxes so most of those except exclusives or D2Cs go straight off to get recycled when the set’s complete. I already use a lot of room but it’s much more manageable this way - and I can take models from a certain theme out straight away if I want to, to change displays or make dioramas.
    Sell the boxes!!!!!! :)