Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Lego 5539 - Creative Bucket - 50% off at [email protected]

DatoDato Member Posts: 111
edited January 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
From slickdeals.net. Didn't see it posted here.

Lego 5539 - Creative Bucket - 50% off at Lego.com ($14.98 + tax + shipping)
RRP $29.99

Comments

• MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 250
    edited January 2012
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Yes, it went out of stock sometime last night. Didn't get to jump on it.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    This is a testament to the incredible value that was 5512 at WM on BF. Even with a 50% discount on 5539 it's still 66% more expensive (per element) than 5512 was.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Was not even aware of 5512 until I read about it hear. Found 3 of them at Walmart.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    5512 was probably sold below cost by WM, still a great deal, but not one that can be repeated very often. :(

Then again, 5512 is a pretty basic set of blocks, we've opened two of them and while great for kids to have lots of bricks, not good for much else. I don't know what I'd do with 10 of them, wrong shapes and colors for the MOCs I can think of...
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Yes but other than 4 wheels, a door, 2 windows and a bit if fence this is just about as basic a set as you can find. I think it is a fair comparison to 5512 on a cost per element basis.