Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Media Display

FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 502
I picked this up recently, it’s a 19” LEGO retail media display, with audio, and USB support (you can play anything on it via the USB, and it loops the content). Fully hardened for continuous retail display. Minifigure for scale purposes.

Anyone else out there with something similar? I need a remote control for it.. I know there are much smaller versions of it out there, and they use the same remote control ;) 
davetheoxygenman

Comments

• cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 262
    edited October 8
    Wonder if using a universal remote (found at pretty much any store carrying electronics) would work on code search mode? 
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 502
    cody6268 said:
    Wonder if using a universal remote (found at pretty much any store carrying electronics) would work on code search mode? 
    I did look at that, but some of the features on the Instore Screen remote are not standard features, sound, and on/off will be ok.. but others not.. hence wanting to find the original remote.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,934
    The required IR signals should be programmable though, if you know what they are. Do you have a manual or a product code that you can look up?
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 755
    I recall remotecentral.com being pretty good for finding IR codes.  Haven't used it in a long time though, so no idea if it's still any good
    CCC said:
    The required IR signals should be programmable though, if you know what they are. Do you have a manual or a product code that you can look up?
    Agree that they will be programmable, but with no mention of anything in the manual, apart from “Remote Control: Yes”. It’s a job..
    At the moment it’s fully functional, as all the presets are fine. Just no overall control without the remote. 
    dmcc0 said:
    I recall remotecentral.com being pretty good for finding IR codes.  Haven't used it in a long time though, so no idea if it's still any good
    The model of the screen is a IN185SH made by Instorescreen, for which the sites don’t list. Maybe need to find the original manufacturer of the device. It’s from 2014 so may be hard to do.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,469
    Fireheart said:
    dmcc0 said:
    The model of the screen is a IN185SH made by Instorescreen, for which the sites don’t list. Maybe need to find the original manufacturer of the device. It’s from 2014 so may be hard to do.
    instorescreen.us has contact information, so you might get lucky with an email or phone call. 
    Fireheart
    Fireheart said:
    dmcc0 said:
    instorescreen.us has contact information, so you might get lucky with an email or phone call. 
    ;) they already have my address and are searching for a remote new or / used. I think they are my best hope. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,934
    Do you know if any stores near you have one? If so, you might be able to decode the signals based on theirs. I built an arduino based one a few years back and they are relatively straightforward to make (guides on instrucatbles, etc) but I think you can also buy similar things.