Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is there still a need for the forum?

12345679»

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,906
    @Huw - while you're nearby, just thought I'd point out that the Privacy Policy link at the bottom of every thread (https://brickset.com/about/privacyandcookies) leads to a page not found error. I use it when needing to quickly go from here to Brickset main (as opposed to going to the other tab which always has the main site open).
    Astrobricks
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,032
    Huw said:
    We're good for another year.
    Yay! 2020 manages to squeeze in some good news in the home stretch :)
    bandit778560HeliportandheSAMAEL64
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 696
    MaffyD said:
    @Huw - while you're nearby, just thought I'd point out that the Privacy Policy link at the bottom of every thread (https://brickset.com/about/privacyandcookies) leads to a page not found error. I use it when needing to quickly go from here to Brickset main (as opposed to going to the other tab which always has the main site open).
    There is a "Brickset.com" link at the top in the main navigation, but I appreciate that may be further away when you're at the bottom of a thread!
    MaffyD
    ^ Anything with tons of images...
    Astrobricks
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 540
    Sorry I am very late to this thread party, despite being a Forum user, as it was so near the bottom, I didnt see it. Although most of this has been said, wanted to add my thoughts/suggestions:

I love and use the Forum, and yes Ive seen a drop in activity, but I stilll find it useful, friendly and a place I enjoy visiting

I didnt know there was a FB group. But, tbh I dont use and I despise FB anyway. FB isnt a forum, its a place full of Karens, scammers and false information and pictures of peoples dinner

As for cost, is it images, can we archive older threads? Having said that, some older threads can be useful on forums, i use threads in forums for car related stuff

I cant say Id stop coming to Brickset if it went, but, Id be sad and may not frequent it as much. To me, the two are linked

Hope that helps and pleased its safe for another year :)

drdavewatfordeMJeeNLBumblepants560HeliportautolycussnowhitieCymbelineoldtodd33Mr_Cross
    Huw said:
    Sorted, and while I was at it, I added a link just for you :-)
    Thank you! That's perfect!
    KungFuKennyCymbeline
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,032
    ^ "informative sanity and imaginative insanity"... perfect description of Brickset! 😄
    Brickset forums :) Brickset itself is all glorious sanity, thanks to @Huw :)
    SumoLegoKungFuKennyMr_CrossSAMAEL64
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,313
    ^ "informative sanity and imaginative insanity"... perfect description of Brickset! 😄
    Brickset forums :) Brickset itself is all glorious sanity, thanks to @Huw :)
    To me, they're just two aspects of the same thing!
    AstrobricksKungFuKennySumoLegoMr_Cross
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,815
    Well, I did my part last night- I actually remembered to use the forum link for my Christmas purchases!
    Cymbeline560HeliportAstrobrickskhmellymelSumoLegoMr_CrossBumblepants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,792
    edited November 2020
    I used the Forum link to purchase the WW, Bespin and Black Widow sets.  

It was weird.  But hopefully helpful!

(It appears my Virtual Insanity post has been excised from the thread.  Someone must not be a Jamiroquai fan?  Well, I'm not.  I just like the video with the moving floor and a silly hat.)
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,792
    ^^^^^ I've had generally negative experiences with Facebook Groups.  Between people being rude, some rather entertaining over-estimation of the value of very common sets and shocking attempts at profiteering (most recently on the SDCC releases), I only passively engage.

In four months, I've already had two deals go questionably on Facebook.  In the years I've been here, only one.

Obviously, I enjoy and take great interest in the continuation of this Forum.
    560HeliportsklambAstrobricksMr_CrossBumblepantsdrdavewatfordiwybsshikadigmonkey76
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,025
    I'm pleased to say that the FB group for the LUG I'm the chairman of (Brickish - the only UK-wide LUG) is nicely civilised and interesting :)
    CymbelineSumoLegokhmellymeliwybsBOBJACK_JACKBOB