Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Selling & Posting Built Lego ... need advice

Does anyone have experience of posting built Lego sets? I customised the Lego Friends Ski Resort/Chalet range. I want to sell it to free up some space, probably on Ebay. But I won’t be able to supply customised instructions so I’d have to sell and post the set built. Anyone have advice on the best way to do this.
Thanks.

https://ibb.co/MCVjT9g

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,804
    edited September 12
    I can only advise you what not to do: for the love of heaven, DO NOT just put it into a box and pour beanbag beans in to fill the box. I say this as someone who had sets posted to her in that state, opened the box unawares, and had to clean up the mayhem that followed. You haven't lived until you've had to pick beanbag beans out of a minifigure's... leg crevices... 

EDIT: I do, however, remember receiving a spaceship in the post where someone had wrapped it in bubblewrap section by section (not that the spaceship was broken up; rather they used strips of bubblewrap to encase it, bit by bit) with tape to secure it. Basically, you need to cushion the model itself and to fill up any spaces around it, because the box will likely be tossed around in the post regardless of how well you label it as fragile. Depending on the shape of the model, I would consider inserting multiple rolls of bubblewrap around it, but maybe also cylinders/triangular forms made of thick card, if there are large spaces and you want to ensure the box doesn't cave in. 
    KungFuKennyFizyxBumblepants
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,377
    Typically sets are a bit easier to sell if the instructions are included (probably may be had for a good price via bricklink.com or brickowl.com), even if a photocopy (original, I find, are best though)
    Be very descriptive and do not use a catalog photo but take good pictures of the set and add them to the listing
    Also spell out your conditions as to shipping, insurance, and condition of the parts, that if it comes from a pet and smoke free home as well.
    I see people take shortcuts all the time (such as bad descriptions and lack of photos), then complain when someone leaves negative feedback for their account, or worse yet, asks for, and gets, a refund because the item was not 'as described in the listing'.
    I find a very accurate and descriptive listing helps deter people looking to get something for nothing.