Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Torn instruction manuals

matt7nevesmatt7neves matt7nevesMember Posts: 2
Hi. i recently bought a lot of used legos from a thrift store, that included the instructions, with the intention to reassemble and resell the sets. However, one of the manuals is torn in half(its one of the instructions from the 80s where its all on one long folded sheet).Luckily, it is a pretty straight tear and could easily be repaired with some clear tape.Would it be better for resale value to tape it or to just leave it torn?

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,551
    It might depend on exactly which set it is and whether the instructions are available online. Check BrickLink to see what the sets are going for, and check the Brickset entry for instructions. If nobody wants it, why go through the effort?
    Since you are new I’ll repeat some sage advice - reselling Lego is not a good way to get rich, or make much money at all, really. If you enjoy it, then great, but don’t get $$$ in your eyes :)
    matt7nevesKungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 920
    Just be sure you clearly describe the condition of the instructions- and the rest of the set. I hate when someone advertises a set as "mostly complete- just missing a few small pieces." Which pieces? Common parts that I have plenty of, or would be cheap and easy to get- or something that only came in a few sets- or even, only in that set.  
    FizyxAstrobricksM1J0Ecatwrangler
  • matt7nevesmatt7neves matt7nevesMember Posts: 2
    It might depend on exactly which set it is and whether the instructions are available online. Check BrickLink to see what the sets are going for, and check the Brickset entry for instructions. If nobody wants it, why go through the effort?
    Since you are new I’ll repeat some sage advice - reselling Lego is not a good way to get rich, or make much money at all, really. If you enjoy it, then great, but don’t get $$$ in your eyes :)
    Thank you for the advice. This helps.
    Astrobricks