Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BONUSBALL Sat. 7th September

sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 522
Following on from @Bumblepants i thought id try and host a bonusball for a couple of random polybags and with some help from @Speedman29 here are the rules -

write your answer below and the first 59 entrants will get a number, please try to avoid double posting until we get 59 entries. This is open worldwide and will be drawn from the Bonus ball from the UK lottery on Saturday 7th September to decide the winner.

Now for the question. I’m interested to know your most embarrassing moment or at least one you dare to put in print or even one your “friend “ went through 😁

For me there’s a few but as an epileptic I have a fair few seizures in public and in random places. On a family holiday to Japan we had a bit of a delay in Paris whilst changing flights, unfortunately lack of sleep is guaranteed to give me a fit and timed perfectly on a packed airport bus I had one. According to my Wife before collapsing i stood up shouted something inaudible and pulled my trousers down ! I don’t however have much memory of this as your brain gets a bit scrambled afterwards so probably more embarrassing for my Wife and kids so I’ve picked another, definitely memorable moment......

14years old running the 200metres at school. Showing off as I was way in the lead and doing the whole peacock showing off his feathers bit as the girls class walked across checking me out.....my two veg popped out ! There I am trying,one handed, to pop them back in whilst still trying to win the race. I don’t know if it was more embarrassing that no-one mentioned it at all or that they came out in the first place !

Now please help me out so I don’t feel like a complete loser and post your most embarrassing moment 😁

stluxbrickedinBumblepantsbandit778vizzitorKungFuKennyWicksy80Mr_CrossLego_StarSpeedman29SeijiAmasawaSumoLegoLittleLoriGothamConstructionCoLobotsnowhitiedavetheoxygenman

Comments

• masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 482
    None at my end but someone i know good had a really weird one. Stepped on some dog shit. No smell and then that stuff was at shoe sole and she went into office. Then some mindless foot-moving across office chair legs and suddenly smell was appearing... took a while to figure out where it was from....
    BumblepantsKungFuKennyLittleLoriSumoLegosonatine01
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 271
    I’ve bounced off a glass door that I didn’t see was closed in full view of the entire party...
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsSeijiAmasawaLittleLoriSumoLegosonatine01
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 600
    A small incident from my childhood but it is seared in my memory... was on a trip hiking in the Smokey Mountains.  Crossing a stream I lost my footing and unceremoniously sat down in the ice cold water... spent ride back to town sitting naked in the back of our camper van while my shorts and undies dried flapping from the radio antenna...
    BumblepantsMr_CrossFizyxbandit778SeijiAmasawaLittleLoriSumoLegosonatine01
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    A couple years back, my whole family went to the library. Once we get there, everyone kind of scatters throughout the shelves. I'm looking around when my sister walks into the aisle with a book I was pretty sure she wasn't allowed to read. So I ask what book it is, kinda gruffly 'cause, well, she's not supposed to read it. It's only then that I realize this girl is not my sister, but some other random girl who happens to resemble my sister a bit. I'm sorry to say that I was so surprised that I did not even apologize, opting to just walk away instead. XD
    Mr_CrossKungFuKennybandit778BumblepantsTheOriginalSimonBSeijiAmasawaLittleLoriSumoLegosonatine01
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    Mr_Cross said:
    Thanks for hosting @sonatine01, great question!

I was about 14, it was a Friday afternoon and we were learning about the 1901 census in GCSE History. We had a page of the census to study in pairs, we were supposed to be looking at the information about professions, sizes of family etc. and drawing conclusions about how people might have lived. The name at the top of the list was Mr. William Pulling - "willy pulling", my mate and I couldn't stop giggling, our teacher got really cross and asked us to explain. The teacher, deadpan, said "I don't see anything funny about Willy Pulling!". I swear I still had tears in my eyes even when I was being told off by the headmaster who lectured us on not making fun of peoples' names.
    My elder brother was home from University for the weekend with Lisa, his first proper girlfriend. They asked me what I was doing at school, so I related the tale above, ending it with the unnecessary clarification - "...it's funny because Willy Pulling is like wanking." (snigger).
    Calmly, Lisa says "My name is Pulling."
    I pretty much hid the whole weekend.
    I still cringe, what were the odds of that?

I apologise to anyone with the name Pulling, I never managed to pluck up the courage to apologise to Lisa, who we never saw again.
    Oh my god, I don't know how you kept it together at all.  I would have absolutely lost it when she said her name was Pulling.  I don't care what all the adults said, 'Willy Pulling' is one of the absolute best comedic names of all time, right up there with Dick Wolf and Dick Butkus (pronounced basically as buttkiss).
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,652
    I went to the store once with my two older sisters. I was probably 10 or 11 at the time. As we walked from our car to the store, my middle sister (as always) was being a brat and picking on me. I kept swatting at her as she pestered me. As we walked into the store, she did something particularly annoying (I honestly can't remember what). I instinctively spun around with my first out, ready to hit her hard in the stomach. 

To my horror, the person I hit wasn't my sister at all, but rather some random lady. I punched her as hard as a 10 or 11 year old could right in the stomach. I can't remember ever being so embarrassed in my life. I apologized profusely. The lady was shocked, but understanding. 

Mr_Crossbandit778SeijiAmasawaKungFuKennyLittleLoriSumoLegosonatine01
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 461
    Not me, but I was there to witness it.  I was at a big car meet a few years back, the type where some pretty rare cars get brought out for the filthy masses to check out.  Of course, being in the age we're in, many people were taking pics and vids with their phones, especially the younger crowd (gotta do it for the 'Gram!).  Part way through the meet, a guy rolls in fashionably late in an Enzo and looks for a spot where many people were congregating.  People flip out and start following after it with their phones and cameras out.  One kid got so excited and was running after it with his phone out in front of him trying to grab pics/vids.  I don't know if he got any good shots but he dropped it on the ground, causing a loud smash as it bounced along the pavement.  EVERYONE gawking at/chasing after the Enzo turned around and all you heard was a loud "OOOOOHHHHH!!!", drowning out the Enzo's V12 burble and stealing its spotlight for those few seconds.  (I admit, I was one of those who added to the chorus, but it was purely reactionary.)  The kid picked up his phone with a smashed screen and sulked slowly to where the Enzo eventually parked.
    Mr_CrossLittleLoriSumoLegoKungFuKennysonatine01davetheoxygenman
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,971
    edited September 6
    thanks for hosting @sonatine01.
    To be honest, I've always been a bit of a clutz and due to this have probably embarrassed others more than I have myself because doing something stupid is fairly normal for me.
    I do remember one incident at junior school where during the summer holidays the school had what they called 'the play scheme' which was basically events and outdoor activities taking place in the school grounds to keep the kids amused during the day while parents were off doing their jobs. 

One particular year, one of the activities was riding round a little circuit on little single gear off-road motorcycles.
    I've always loved bikes and the chance to ride one for the very first time was all I could think about leading up to the summer holidays. The day arrived, I turned up at the school and after a few turns at other less exciting activities I joined the line for a go on the motorbikes. 
    It was a popular attraction that year so excitement was left to build up while those waiting for their turn got to watch everyone else riding round the little roped off circuit area.
    By the time it came time for my turn I was that excited, if you'd stick a pin in me I'd have exploded.
    I could hardly stop fidgeting long enough to put the boots, gloves and helmet on as I pictured myself flying round the circuit like a boy possessed.
    Unfortunately, this meant that I was paying absolutely no attention to the safety marshalls who were instructing us on what to do and more importantly what not to do.
    With my head still full of loud noise and motorcycling glory, I got on the bike, the Marshall started the engine and I was let out onto the curcuit.
    As I got free of the starting compound, I twisted the throttle as far round as it would go, I was going to show everyone what a superstar I was.
    As I approached the first bend, my mind was running on overdrive, so much so that any thought to back off and go round it was left back in the paddock with apparently what was left of any sanity I once had.
    So the inevitable happened, the corner went one way and I proceeded to go at full tilt in a totally straight line, straight into the rope fence which in turn sent me flying off the back of the bike and into a heap on the floor whilst the bike made several bystanders run for it as momentum kept it travelling under the rope and into the onlookers.
    All this happened in front of a large number of my fellow students who I would unfortunately have to face once the school holidays were over. It started a very long school term of me trying to be as invisible as possible, which sort of stuck for the rest of my school life.
    Mr_CrossKungFuKennyLittleLoriSumoLegosonatine01Lego_Star
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 355
    When I started my job I had a year to pass before being fully qualified. I passed. The day I passed coincided with a big staff night out. I got quite drunk. Then had to sit in a day of training the following day and had to keep leaving to be sick. I think I even fell asleep at one point. 
    Mr_Crossbandit778LittleLoriSumoLegoKungFuKennysonatine01
  • khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 91
    I've repressed all my embarrassing moments but the one I can still remember is when I was around 7 years old and was at the airport arrival area standing with my parents. I reached up behind me to grab my mom's hand, held it and stood there for a good 15 minutes holding her hand. Then I looked up and it was a stranger. I quickly scuttled away to my mom and hid my face. 
    TheOriginalSimonBSeijiAmasawaLittleLoriSumoLegoKungFuKennysonatine01
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 218
    During a funeral mass when I was 8 I said ‘Let us pray.’ along with the priest. It’s forever memorialized on home video. Facepalm
    KungFuKennyLittleLoriSumoLegoMr_Crosssonatine01
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 504
    I used to do readings at mass when I was 13/14 and on one such occasion, I went up to the pulpit but someone had closed the book on me. I was frantically trying to find the page I needed and when I got it, proceeded with reading out the gospel...

I caught myself and started reading the proper passage but the priest was up out of his seat and over to make sure I was reading the correct thing.

Yeah, not my best moment...
    LittleLoriSumoLegoKungFuKennySeijiAmasawaMr_Crosssonatine01
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 144
    I think I may have blocked out the most embarrassing memories, but I have a funny one. My friend from middle school now lives in England, we met up one year and she invited me to stay with her the following year. Getting off the plane at Heathrow and going through immigration the officer asks where I am staying while in England....I blurt out "Amy's House" (I had been awake for 24 hours and I did not have her address with me as she was meeting me at the airport). The officers had a good laugh and let me through. I now have her address in my phone.
    BumblepantsMr_CrossTheOriginalSimonBsonatine01LittleLori
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 567
    Very early on in my working life, I was asked by a colleague to laminate a sign for the office wall. Having never used the laminator before, I confidently began feeding the paper into the machine, only to be met by the smell of burning and a plume of smoke that everyone else noticed too. It turns out you have to put the paper in the plastic before it goes in the machine! When asked how I though the machine worked, I could only mumble that I thought the machine coated the paper in plastic as it went through. 
    I still work for the same company and it occasionally still gets mentioned, 14 years later!!
    TheOriginalSimonBBumblepantsFizyxstluxsonatine01Lego_StarMr_CrossLittleLoriSumoLego
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 978
    In 2008 I was living and working in Los Angeles. I had to return to England for three months so arranged to do a house swap with someone via a house swap website. The person we arranged to swap with turned out to be an actress called Gina Bellman of Black Eyes and Coupling fame. She needed to be in LA to film the pilot of Leverage.

My wife and I had met up with Gina to show her the ropes re our apartment and cars etc, but for whatever reason, I ended up flying back to england a couple of days before my wife while she got the place ready for Gina's move-in date.

Fast forward a few days and by now I've been in Gina's place for a couple of days and am currently in a cab with some buddies after being out for the night. I suddenly realised that my wife was due to be getting her flight right about now so thought I'd better call her to say I loved her etc before she was out of phone contact for 11 hours.

The cab and my friends were being noisy when I called but I heard her say something like "where are you?" Having had a couple of beers and thinking I'd be funny, I told her "I'm sitting on the sofa masturbating with Gina's dirty knickers on my face".

At that point I heard the person on the other end of the phone say "Mike? Mike.... is that you?" It was Gina's voice! It turned out that in my inebriated state I'd called our home phone and not my wife's mobile so Gina had been the one to answer the phone. She told me that she had already moved in and that my wife had already gone to the airport. Apart from the immediate embarrassment, Gina must now be thinking that she has a perverted lunatic living in her home going through her stuff for the next three months.

When my wife finally turned up in England, I did end up apologising to Gina over the phone after my wife and her had been having a chat about sonething. It was a conversation I was seriously dreading having, but she was really cool about it saying that she has friends who are way more deranged than that.

A funny anecdote, but not one person I've ever told it to has ever heard of Gina Bellman or the shows she was in. I find that crazy as I loved Coupling in the UK, and Leverage went on to have five series so someone must have been watching it. I watched most of the first series and really enjoyed it.
    Bumblepantssonatine01Mr_Crossbandit778LittleLoriToc13catwranglerBooTheMightyHamster
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 946

Not the worst, but I still feel rather embarrassed about it:

First year at University, I'd just moved into one of their brand new accommodation blocks, within a massive campus.  Each had shared living accommodation for 6-7 students, and were almost identical.

Anyway, I got home to my block late one evening and I tried for several minutes to unlock the front door; eventually I hammered on it assuming the lock was faulty, and someone let me in..... they looked at me slightly oddly, but I walked straight into the kitchen and slumped onto one of the chairs.

I eventually glanced around expecting to see my flatmates; but there were 5-6 other people looking at me with rather confused expressions.  After a couple of seconds I'd realised that it wasn't my accommodation after all and was sat amongst a group of total strangers.  I quietly apologised and headed for the exit, doh!!

sonatine01Mr_Crossbandit778LittleLoriLego_Star
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 144
    The event that comes to mind is Kindergarten Show and Tell many, many years ago. I was my turn to share in the circle and I was very excited. I was wearing a new vest and pants that my Mum had made for me. I stood up to speak about (honestly have no idea what I was going to share) but my pants fell down! (Stupid drawstring) I never wore those pants again.

While no one ever said anything about it again through elementary school, I thought it had been forgotten. At the end of grade 7, our teacher had us write about something memorable that had happened during our school years. I figured most people would write about someone who was sick in class or special visitors. I felt brave enough to write about this story but then discovered that 2 of my classmates wrote about the same event!
    sonatine01Lego_Star
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 522
    @LittleLori I’m hoping for you that pants holds the Canadian meaning and not the English one otherwise my heart really goes out to you 😁

@Lego_Star any chance of one of your excellent reminder tags or this thread could go down as a new embarrassing moment for me as the only host not able to fill the numbers 😂
    LittleLoriLego_Star
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,957
    edited September 7
    Probably about 12 years ago now, I woke up and realised I'd slept through my alarm. I was late for work and felt shattered. I quickly grabbed some clothes, including a pair of jeans I'd bought from Tesco but never worn before.

I quickly tried them on and they seemed to fit okay.

So off I trotted, hoping that the 20 minute walk to the station would get me there in time for the next train, otherwise I'd be even later.

Half way there, a neighbour drove past me and offered me a lift. I thanked them for their offer but decided I'd probably have time to make it there on time if I kept walking.

The train was late anyway - I had plenty of time to buy a ticket and waited about 10 minutes on the platform before the train arrived.

Being a regular commuter at the time, I knew exactly where to stand in order to make sure one of the train doors stopped right in front of me. A few minutes before it was about to arrive, I took up my position in front of hundreds of other people who were less wizened.

The train arrived. Dozens of people in my immediate vicinity ploughed forwards to try and get on first; but I'd positioned myself perfectly, and ended up smack bang in the middle of the doors as they opened.

The smug feeling was immense. I was able to get on the train first and made a beeline for the only available seat I could see. I got it! Not bad considering I was still feeling half asleep.

As I sat down, the feeling of relief was interrupted by a strange sensation. It felt like I had sat on something. I twisted round to see what it was and my heart sank.

I had managed to walk all the way to the station and wait in front of everyone on the platform without realising I had a 4" x 6" stiff white cardboard £3 price label attached to my butt with the resplendent "TESCO VALUE" brand livery. Nobody said a thing. I think I died a little that day.

Update: it looked like this! 

BumblepantsSumoLegoLittleLorisonatine01Mr_CrossTheOriginalSimonBstluxLego_Star
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 484
    I guess being bad at ping pong and accidentally whacking it right at a teacher's head when she was at the front telling us all to calm down a bit was pretty embarrassing at the time. Lucky she was pretty understanding that it was an accident, because it would have looked excessively defiant otherwise!
    sonatine01Mr_CrossLego_Star
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,054
    Pretty much anytime I'm the focus of attention. I'm very much an 'in the background' type
    sonatine01Mr_Cross
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited September 7
    Umm it's embarrassing moments time here on tonight's bonus ball but you got to be quick - 35 minutes left until the draw. It doesn't have to be your embarrassing moment, we will accept a "friends" or something you saw someone else go through...

@BOBJACK_JACKBOB @khmellymel @rawbob @Legoboy @Pitfall69 @Wicksy80 @legomatt @Basty @snowhitie   ?????

There are others I notice haven't entered:
    @Fauch @CaptainEyebrow @omnium @Sid3wndr
     @stlux @GothamConstructionCo @norm103 @msanders @Jern92 @sweetness34 @560Heliport  @Diggydoes @BooTheMightyHamster ? just to mention a few more.

You might think you have too much LEGO to enter but your bricksettter needs you! :o)
    sonatine01Mr_Crosssnowhitie
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 235
    I was on business in America, but had to join a video call hosted back in the UK. This meant waking up at about 5am. In my daze I opened my laptop and dialled in. Unfortunately I wasn’t quick enough to turn the camera off so there was me topless, and full screen to everybody on the call. I turned the camera off but the damage was done. 
    Lego_Starsonatine01Mr_CrossLittleLori
    edited September 7
    Umm it's embarrassing moments time here on tonight's bonus ball but you got to be quick - 20 minutes ish left until the draw. It doesn't have to be your embarrassing moment, we will accept a "friends" or something you saw someone else go through...

@brickedin @CommanderRaab @BrickbyBrick @benbacardi @dmcc0 @[email protected] @CaptainPirateMan

You might think you have too much LEGO to enter but your bricksettter needs you! :o)
    sonatine01
    Ok list of names so far but not sure what’s best to do if there’s not 59 ? If your numbers drawn you win but If not I can donate for a rollover for whoever does it next week ?

1- @TheFew
    2- @J0rgen
    3- @CCC
    4- @masterX244
    5- @iliketoast
    6- @KungFuKenny
    7- @FowlerBricks
    8- @Fizyx
    9- @Mr_Cross
    10- @PJ76uk
    11- @Switchfoot55
    12- @Bumblepants
    13- @Lego_Star
    14- @MugenPower
    15- @bandit778
    16- @historyman
    17- @Speedman29
    18- @TheOriginalSimonB
    19- @khopewosin
    20- @SeijiAmasawa
    21- @Muftak1
    22- @SumoLego
    23- @ravendragonwing
    24- @Th1nDiesel
    25- @Brainslugged
    26- @Lobot
    27- @LittleLori
    28- @paul_merton
    29- @Bobflip
    30- @Toc13
    31- @Basty

Lego_StarLobotMr_CrossstluxFowlerBrickssnowhitie
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 637
    edited September 7
    I got tagged by @Lego_Star? This is embarrassing....
    sonatine01Mr_CrossToc13LittleLori
    edited September 7
    Cheers for that @BrickByBrick, if your number is drawn I'm keeping your prize! :oP

Good luck to everyone else!
    sonatine01FizyxBrickByBrick
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 235
    Looks like the Bonus Ball was number 🎱 
    sonatine01Lego_Star
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 75
    edited September 7
    am I too late?? how embarrassing
    KungFuKennysonatine01Lego_Star
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 600
    I was so close! Congrats @Fizyx and thanks for hosting @sonatine01
    sonatine01Mr_CrossLittleLoriFizyxLego_Star
    I was still searching for the lottery results lol, do they not do it live these days ? Thanks for that @Basty and @Fizyx congrats I’ll send a PM over to you in the morning to sort things. Thanks @Lego_Star for the morale boosting tag job 😁
    Mr_CrossBastyKungFuKennystluxLego_StarLittleLoriFizyxBumblepantssnowhitie
    Some quality embarrassing moments too, defo more entertaining than the football today 😁
    KungFuKennyLego_StarLittleLoriFizyxBumblepants
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    Holy crap, I actually won something?!  Guess there's a first time for everything!
    Bastysonatine01LittleLoridavetheoxygenmanLego_Starsnowhitie