Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What new parts should LEGO make?

dutchlegofan50dutchlegofan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 191
I couldn't find an old thread for this, so I'm creating this new topic. (Admins, please correct me if I'm wrong.)
We have had many new great parts over the past years, for instance all those new brackets that make it possible to change orientation in builds.
Well, I'm dearly missing more panels. We have 1x2x2, 1x3x3, 1x4x2, 1x4x3 (and many larger ones).
But basically I miss 1x1x2, so just half in width of this one (4864b on BL):
What are the parts that you are desperately waiting for?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,707
    A corner version of those would be useful.
    stluxFizyxdutchlegofan50Mr_Cross
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,779
    I kinda wish the 1*4 inverted slopes had made it out of the test phase.
    FizyxMr_Crossdougts
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,290
    Plates with studs on both sides please.
    Switchfoot55KungFuKennyMr_Crossmak0137VorpalRyumsanders
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,421
    Plates with studs on both sides please.
    I can't see that ever happening, and tbh I'm not sure I'd want it to - it would remove a big part of the challenge!
    dutchlegofan50BumblepantsBaby_Yoda
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,707
    Plus it would copy parts available from other manufacturers. And if LEGO copies their novel parts, then it is fair game if they copy LEGO's.
    Baby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,215
    Also, I think the way parts are moulded would make it difficult. I've heard that they need the plastic to be of consistent thickness, so studs without an exposed surface directly beneath them are hollow since they can't have the little indents on the underside. As such, I believe all of the studs would need to be hollow for the design to work, and that would look quite ugly on larger plates.
    Bumblepants
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,449
    How about double-sided studs, so you could attach two plates back-to back? Picture part#4073 with a stud on both sides.
    dbrouge
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts.Member Posts: 237
    I really want more steam locomotive wheel colors. Green(bright and earth), blue(regular and earth), so on.