Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hello from England!

DeCommander96DeCommander96 London, EnglandMember Posts: 12
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you! 
My name is Jason and I have only been collecting Lego since 2016 but I have bought the older sets from bricklink. 
I am a fan of Marvel, DC and Harry Potter. I am also a fan of Ninjago but I've only watched up to season 7. I live in London. I recently purchased the 76123 Outrider Attack set and I am in the process of building 76125 Iron man hall of armour. 
Jason
BumblepantsMr_Cross

Comments

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 766
    Hey Jason. Welcome!
    As a Londoner, you should check out London AFOLs on Meetup.com. it's a monthly pub meet with a great bunch of talented AFOLs. And me :)
    stluxMr_Cross
  • DeCommander96DeCommander96 London, EnglandMember Posts: 12
    omnium said:
    Hey Jason. Welcome!
    As a Londoner, you should check out London AFOLs on Meetup.com. it's a monthly pub meet with a great bunch of talented AFOLs. And me :)
    Hey man!
     Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not talented lol, and i also don't drink. It sounds fun though 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 766
    Haha, drinking isn't mandatory :)
    And there's lots of scope to learn from people. There are presentations sometimes, showing advanced building techniques, ideas, and so on.
    And generally a good chance to chat to like minded people.
    stluxbandit778
    Thanks man, I'll give it a think
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,185
    I am another London afol who goes to the meetups. It's in a private room of the pub - you don't have to drink if you don't want to. My buildings skills aren't great but it doesn't matter. It's a really lovely group of folks. 
    omnium
    bookmum said:
    I am another London afol who goes to the meetups. It's in a private room of the pub - you don't have to drink if you don't want to. My buildings skills aren't great but it doesn't matter. It's a really lovely group of folks. 
    Where do I sign up?
    Go to meetup.com and search London AFOLS. I think we come under 'hobbies and games' category. Next meetup is September 9th. The theme is Skyscrapers I think. Not sure what that involves but it's always a laugh. October's theme is Fabuland. Co hosted by me!! 
    The pub can be hard to find so shout out if you need directions. 
    stlux
    bookmum said:
    Go to meetup.com and search London AFOLS. I think we come under 'hobbies and games' category. Next meetup is September 9th. The theme is Skyscrapers I think. Not sure what that involves but it's always a laugh. October's theme is Fabuland. Co hosted by me!! 
    The pub can be hard to find so shout out if you need directions. 
    Thank you! I have somewhere to be on September 9th but I'll try to go anyway. I'll manage to find it.
    Well hope to see you at some point. It took me several goes to actually be brave enough to go but I am so glad I did because I love it. 
    do you know what part of London it's in? Don't want to travel too far. And how long are the sessions?
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 359
    The info is all available on meetup.com: https://www.meetup.com/LondonAFOLs/
    Thanks