Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

BONUSBALL! Remember these?! Scar Story Edition

BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,779
edited August 23 in Everything else LEGO
I was just thinking we haven't done this in months and it made me sad. So I can't remember if we have done scar stories or not but tell your scar story and the first (59? I can'r remember) posts are entered to win whatever polybags I have in storage when I get back to Texas in a month! If your story is especially funny and/or gross you might win a prize for that too!

To kick things off I will recount the time when I was 17 and at a youth activity playing wiffleball (baseball but with a plastic ball). Unfortunately for me, we were using aluminum bats. (for the UK crowd Allumminummnuunm) ;-) Anyway, the one guy who spent time in the gym lifting was up and trying his best to impress the girls and swung so hard the bat left his hands and helicoptered into the on-deck batter. Me. I saw it a fraction of a second before the end connected with my forehead and was able to flinch enough to where it hit on the very left edge of my head. Skipping ahead to the emergency room, they cleaned out the wound and left me alone so I took a look in the mirror to see how it was. "What is that white stuff?" was my first thought. "Oh neat, that is my skull!" was my second thought followed quickly by "#((%& that is my SKULL". The end. 

Now let us hear yours!
bandit778stluxMr_CrossFizyxSpeedman29M1J0EsnowhitieLego_StarPyrobugLittleLorigmonkey76KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCoCymbelineSeijiAmasawadonutboyvizzitorLobot

Comments

• 1x11x1 Member Posts: 122
    Fell out of a tree when I was about 8 and landed on a branch between my legs.  "Luckily" it went into the very top inside of my thigh and missed my dangly bits by about an inch.  Had to be lifted of the branch which had gone a couple of inches into my thigh.  Only had 4 stitches though.
        I've also got a scar like a zipper all the way down the back of my head as well where they removed a bit of my skull and the top couple of vertebrae of my spine.  It looks good.
    BumblepantsMr_Crossgmonkey76
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,934
    edited August 23
    Thanks for hosting @Bumblepants
    I have been a bit careless over the years and have a nice collection of scar tissue in a variety of different places.
    I'm missing the top 2mm off a finger from an incident with a butchers steak knife.
    I've cut through to my knuckle bone on a Kenwood mini chopper blade that I'd only put on the side moments earlier.
    My ultimate in stupid was getting up one morning, half asleep, without my glasses on to find a there was a fly buzzing about in the kitchen.
    After a couple of those annoying flybys that get right on my last nerve I spotted a small black fly looking shape on the wall. With nothing readily to hand to squash it, I resorted to my bare hand.
    I crept up slowly, positioned myself for full throttle slap, and in the blink of an eye slapped the wall as hard as I could.... Only to find it was a black picture nail that my half asleep self didn't remember was in the wall.

The worst though, has to be from ambition outweighing talent in my early years on a motorbike.
    The short version is, came up to a corner faster than I wanted to, didn't take said corner, hit the kerb, came off the bike, landed on my hands (which the gravel destroyed along with several layers of skin) and on my knees (being stupid in those days I was only wearing jeans, the jeans being less effective than the gloves).
    I was then flipped over, landed on my back and proceeded to remove several layers of skin from my lower back as the jacket I was wearing rode up as I slid along the road. I was leaking pus and scaby bits for months. 
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsBrainsluggedgmonkey76GothamConstructionCostluxsnowhitie
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,467
    I have a nice scar on my face from having a lump removed. I tell people that I got it in a knife fight. Not one is convinced.
    560HeliportBumblepantsMr_CrossPyrobuggmonkey76GothamConstructionCosnowhitie
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 214
    Scar on my shoulder, thanks to a very ill-thought out jump with my bike over an earth-covered log lying across a forest path. I dislocated my shoulder and had to have two operations, leading to a nice scar, about 6 inches long.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,856
    edited August 23
    Whilst making an 'Organ Transport Vessel' for a High School project, my finger and a utility knife made friends.

Drove myself to the hospital and didn't get any blood in the car.  Completely ruined one of the dish towels.

So I have a nice 'V' shaped scar to remind me to keep your digits out of harm's way.
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76snowhitieMynatt
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 468
    Had luck so far at my end. Nothing serious except a few stupid paper cuts or kitchen knife cuts due to bad luck
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 409
    edited August 23

Cut the mouse of my hand trying to cut the rind off of a wedge of old cheese. Sharp potato peeling knife, pretty deep. All kinds of yellow stuff came out, so i asked my better half (who happens to be an EMT) what the hell that is - had cheese entered my wound?

turned out to be fatty tissue. Almost fainted when i saw it - fortunately it returned back into my hand when i let go.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,821
    Kidney stones. 'Nuff said. :/
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,261
    @Bumblepants I was thinking exactly the same, been quiet on the BB front. Well done for organising.

I have a few scars. The two memorable ones are the dent in my forehead thats faded a lot after nearly 40yrs. I was running through the house to get to the kitchen when I tripped and my head connected with the corner of a very 1970s stereo speaker cabinet. The perfectly mitred wooden case punched a hole down to the skull, my mum thought I was playing with ketchup before tea as there was red everywhere! In the good old days stitches were laughed at, so a huge butterfly plaster was slapped on my face to hold the wound shut!

The other scar is another thats at least 35yrs old. My mum used to clear the ice out of the freezer with a yellow serrated scraper in the shape of a lobster. My brother and I were arguing over something when he lashed out with it, the blades connected with the top of my hand by my thumb and dug in, then he pulled it sideways. Cue another big plaster to hold the flaps together!
    BumblepantsMr_Crossgmonkey76Pyrobugsnowhitievizzitor
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 992
    Many thanks for hosting again @Bumblepants, great question!
    I feel the same about the bonusball and wish we could have them more often, @snowhitie told me after my last one that she's had very few offers of new hosts :-(

My first ever scar, is under my left eye, I was about five or six. I was being pushed on a swing and it got a bit high for me. So I jumped off when it was close to the ground but tripped and fell onto some stones, I split open the skin on top edge of my cheek bone about 1.5cm long. I don't remember but my elder brother says there was blood all over me (he wasn't pushing, it was an older cousin who'd come to visit).
    Just after it had healed up, we were visiting the same relatives for the weekend somewhere near Winchester. There was a newsagents/toyshop that we popped into to for some reason. They had LEGO on shelves to my right (space LEGO) and I was distracted and wasn't looking where I was going, the shop counter was one of the hatched ones and was open - I walked right into the corner. Opened the cheekbone up again, we spent four hours in Winchester A&E, ended up with three stitches and a scar you can still see forty years later.

It's not very clear any more... started to look like a wrinkle a few years back, but I think it's the most LEGO related scar I have, I've always been immensely fond of it.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76stluxLego_Starcatwrangler
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 672
    Wiped out on my bike when I was 9 and slid on the road right on my hip bone. I have a big scar where the skin over my hip bone split open.
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76Bumblepants
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 274
    Thanks for hosting @Bumblepants. Obviously some common themes here. 
    For reasons best known to myself I was cutting the base off an Airfix soldier with a penknife in class at junior school, slipped and cut into my knuckle. Scar still there over 50 years on.

Also have a scar on forehead from playing British bulldog at same school. Someone gave me a helpful push face first into the playground wall with nice concrete copings - lots of blood and hospital trip for stitches.
    Best medical scar - upper chest drain for collapsed lung/pneumothorax c. 21 years old. Most pain I’ve ever felt when the painkillers wore off.
    Thanks for the memories! Actually cringed reading some of the others!
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76Bumblepantsstluxsnowhitie
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 385
    One from when I was probably about 5; in the bath, calling for my mum to look at me doing press-ups or something - hands slipped, chin hit bath edge and off to hospital I went for stitches.

Another scar at the end of my eyebrow; must have been about 10 and was told not to go into my grandads shed as there were rusty nails sticking out, it hadn’t been used / maintained since he passed away.  Anyway, you can guess what happened, nail big time into me, just missing my eye.  Off to hospital, tetanus injection and stitches.

• Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 483
    When I was 2 (just before my sister was due), I was bouncing on my parents bed - my dad was getting dressed while sitting on the side of the bed at the time. I decided I'd jump onto his back, just as he decided to bend over to put on his shoes. I ended up sailing over his back and planting my head on the bedside locker.

I ended up splitting my forehead and I still have the scar 43 years later. 

I think my sister arrived early! :-)
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 259
    I have many scars but the story that I remember most... I cut my thumb open when working at a supermarket. I hit it with a blade that slipped off the box I was trying to open.. copious blood, bandaged for a week-ish. Was telling he story to a friend while drunk few weeks later, and ripped open the same spot with my opposite thumb nail while re-enacting the event...
    gmonkey76Bumblepants
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,438
    I have way too many to list them all so here is my worst. In 2003 I was coming home from Harley's 100 year anniversary party. I was going through an intersection on my Harley when the light turned yellow. Some [email protected]*#h on her cell phone decided to turn into me. I remember going over my handle bars, and seeing the asphalt about a foot from my face. The next thing I knew I was surrounded by people. Both bones in my lower leg, and multiple bones in my foot were broken. After surgery to put a rod in my leg I developed compartmental syndrome. I spent a day in intensive care in and out of consciousness. After a week in the hospital I was finally able to go home.
    BumblepantsKungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 456
    I can’t hold a candle to Shib’s story, & mine doesn’t really involve LEGO in any way.  
    Interesting topic, but as always there’s the potential for a few 

But here goes nothing.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/007591.htm

This was not fun.  You’re completely awake for the procedure, having had more than enough needles to numb any pain, which creates an odd disconnect when you smell burning flesh (which begins the healing process of creating the scar tissue) and realize it’s your own.  It goes on for long enough that you wonder if they’re removing your whole butt rather than just part of it.

Afterwards they’ll tell you not to sit down, but you have enough freezing that you don’t think it’s an issue.  Until the freezing wears off & you can’t sit for 2 days.  Yes, as they say, every day you’ll have to get a change of gauge packing seemingly a mile long, so scar tissue can fill in & replace all the skin.

A quarter century on I still have a decent sized divot where they cut into you & swear I can feel it.
    Bumblepantsim2cre8ivKungFuKennygmonkey76Mr_Crosssnowhitievizzitor
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 411
    I have several scars on my head from surgery but my first ever scar is on my left thumb, as a child growing up in the late 70s early 80s i loved adventurous films like Indiana Jones and decided to put my belt over the clothes line in the back garden. I ended up with rope burns and one, on the back of my thumb, was cut nearly to the bone.

Far more cautious these days!
    BumblepantsKungFuKennygmonkey76Mr_Crossstlux
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 224
    edited August 24
    I really wanted to say that “I have a scar above my left knee which is a perfect map of the London Underground” but figured I would get called out by the HP fans.  My best scar is an 8-incher left over from clavicle surgery.  I had an unfortunate accident while skiing... I say skiing but really I was standing still on the side of the slopes when some humongous out of control guy slammed into me.  Woke in the ICU a couple of hours later with bunches of broken bones and a nice concussion!  At least I now have a ready excuse for the wife when I have an out of control Lego spending spree... :-)

thanks for hosting @Bumblepants !
    BumblepantsM1J0Egmonkey76Mr_Crosssnowhitie
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 59
    When I was in scouts we did a downhill mountain biking activity. On one of the turns there was a bunch of loose gravel and my bike slipped out from under me. As I stood up and brushed myself off I noticed there was a rock stuck to my leg. Turns out it was a very sharp rock that has impaled itself into my leg! I still remember the squirt of blood when I pulled it out. Now all that’s left is a oval-shaped scar just below my knee.

This was a good one. I enjoyed reading all the stories. Thanks @Bumblepants!
    gmonkey76BumblepantsMr_Crosssnowhitie
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,467
    I really hope nobody on this forum has had a vasectomy.... Not looking forward to that picture!!!!
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76KungFuKennyToc13SumoLego
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 766
    edited August 24
    TheFew said:
    I really hope nobody on this forum has had a vasectomy.... Not looking forward to that picture!!!!
    Hold my beer...
    That one aside, I was asleep in bed when Voldemort came in...
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76KungFuKennyTheFewSumoLegoLego_Starcatwrangler
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, looking at that new brand store that is coming to Southampton by Christmas 2019 . . . .Member Posts: 137
    My favourite scar is from my hernia repair, I had for a couple of years been incapasitated by infrequent attacks of stomach pain which was initially identified as colic.  After one specifically bad attack I went back to the doctor, got referred and an ultrasound revealed a hernia.  An operation was booked for my return from holiday and the pre operation consultation made it clear that I could not lift anything much for at least three weeks after the operation.

My thinking went like this, if I can't lift anything that weighs very much surely I can lift LEGO, is this a genuine reason to buy sets to keep me occupied?  The answer from Senior Managment was yes but why don't you build some of the ones you already have hidden in the loft.  I corrected her misperception about the sets in the loft of being just nicely stored in boxes rather than hidden and that it would be better to buy new ones . . . . . she brought it!  So post operation a nice big shop at home box arrived with UCS R2-D2, the original Avengers Quinn Jet and Cuusoo Hayabusa.  

Once the box had been opened for me and the dining room table appropriated between watching the 2012 Olympics (what is it about the Olympic Games that makes you watch events you would normally switch off?) and anaesthetic after effect naps (that's my story and I am sticking too it) I build all of the sets and a few others from the loft as well including the Emerald Night and Shuttle Adventure.   

Now that's how you get over surgery, buy extra LEGO and get a scar on your abdomen!
    BumblepantsstluxMr_Crossgmonkey76Fizyxsnowhitie
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,290
    Yay, thanks for hosting @Bumblepants.

I have one on my left shoulder from having a cyst removed. 
    BumblepantsMr_Crossgmonkey76KungFuKennysnowhitie
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 224
    edited August 24
    TheFew said:
    Those scars can be tiny OR humongous depending on the guy in question, right ?   :-)
    TheFewMr_Crossgmonkey76M1J0E
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,609
    So let me set the stage for you: I'm about 5 or 6 and our cousins are over. I find a blanket and get a great (or so I thought) idea on how to annoy my oldest cousin (who's the same age as me).

What I think happens: I throw the blanket over my head, and, pretending to be a ghost, rush at my cousin. She turns and runs. I follow blindly until I'm hit very hard by something that I quickly find out is a wooden rocking chair. Logical conclusion: my cousin picked up the chair and busted me in the head with it, therefore this cut on my face is her fault.

What really happens: I blindly run headlong into the rocking chair, opening a nice big gash right next to my left eye, which my cousin had nothing to do with.

For years I was convinced that she had picked up that chair and hit me with it as if it were a bat...until I saw the chair again. It was a heavy wooden thing that a little 5 year old girl would never be able to pick up. So the scar I have next to my eye is totally my fault. XD
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsgmonkey76KungFuKennysnowhitie560Heliport
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 446
    SCARS FROM A BROKEN HEART.  Does that count?  ;)
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76PyrobugsnowhitieLego_Starstluxcatwrangler
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited August 24
    Thanks for the host

I have a few scars.
    Probably the most noticeable is on my forehead as it's a scar over a scar.
    The first one was from chasing a football into the road, missing the kerb & headbutting the road. About age 8

About age 12, playing a few holes of golf with some friends. I make sure to stand far enough back but, unfortunately one friend is off balance & steps back on his follow-through.
    A number 2 wood slams into my head. I'm out for the time it takes to collapse to the floor & wake to find a couple of quite scared looking faces hovering over me.
    Luckily there was a game of football a short distance away so an ambulance & a bit of stitching weren't long in happening.

I don't play golf anymore (for other reasons)
    snowhitieBumblepantsLego_Star
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,821
    edited August 24
    Oooh, goody gums, a bonus ball, thanks for hosting!

Like others, quite a couple of (good?) scar stories, but I'll just go for the first one I can remember. I was building a sort of treehouse in the garden when I was about 9 or 10. Needed to cut some branches to size. I remembered I won an orange Stanley knife in a raffle, so I went into the house to look for it. Smuggled it out (think I realised I was not supposed to take it out) and tried to 'saw' a big old branch.

Slipped and right into my finger. Wrapped a cloth around it, blood came through, wrapped another round it, still no dice. Thought I4d better look and unwrapped it again, saw the top of my finger actually sort of hanging off and the bone sticking out. Ran down the garden inside crying.

Don't think my parents were actually mad at me, but I did never go out with a Stanleyknife again :)
    BumblepantsKungFuKennyToc13Fizyxstluxvizzitor
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 359
    This has been a while! Thanks 😊

I don't really have any scars - just a tiny one on my knuckle from school, when another kid decided it'd be fun to throw a pair of scissors at me, pointy end first. It's just a tiny white mark, barely visible unless you know what you're looking for!
    BumblepantsKungFuKennysnowhitie
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,281
    I can picture Shib healing himself with a plyer and disinfecting with a bottle of whisky like an action movie hero.

I have some friends who would totally win this topic. like one put his foot in a shredder.

I'm pretty cautious, so the only one I can think of, I was 3 or 4, and someone at the school thought it was a good idea to put rims in the playground, fell onto one, opened my forehead.
    Bumblepants
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 143
    edited August 25
    Hard to see it, but I got my thumb stuck in a hot wheel when I was 2.
    Bumblepants
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 606
    edited August 25
    My little brother stabbed me in the palm with a key once when we were kids
    Bumblepants
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 262
    I smacked my head in a door knob while dragging a heavy book bag on the floor. There was some blood.
    Bumblepants
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 353
    I’m relatively scar free. I cut myself on the kitchen knife last week though, fairly sure that will leave a scar. 
    Bumblepants
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 722
    My scars are all mental....
    BumblepantsMr_CrossFizyxKungFuKenny
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,108
    13 lumpy, messy and knotted stitches in the lower half of my middle finger between my palm and the knuckle. They wrap around my finger on one side from the front of my hand (palm down) to the inside (palm up) culminating in a large series of knots in that part of my finger (palm up). To this day a slight change of grip whilst playing racquet sports can catch the knots leaving me either screeching in pain or an involuntary scream followed by plenty swearing.

How did this happen? Going too fast on my bike aged 9 and came off sort of over the handle bars as I attempted to brake going around a corner. A chain link fence with the prongs open at the top and sticking up rather being turned under was in front of me, a man eating angry Doberman ready to chew me to pieces on the other side. I put my hand out to save myself, hoping to stay on my side of said fence, and basically, ripped my finger open on the fence.

Squeamish people don't have to read the spoiler, as some people don't like even the slightest mention of b****...
    Could see the flesh and bone inside my finger, and plenty blood, not pretty, but thankful I was still on my side of the fence, I ran the short distance home, but somehow in my shock (and with a bit of screaming it has to be said) as I did so brought my hand up to my face. 😱 An ambulance 🚑 was called since it wasn't clear what was injured, (lots of blood on my face from my finger) and my finger was a proper mess. 

I was a bit faint and sick at the sight of the inside of my finger, I won't lie. I think they may have given me something for the pain and to keep me calm in the back of the ambulance. I remember the concern on the paramedics face (probably was just being diligent and checking I hadn't hit my head too/was monitoring me for signs of any other injury). I was pretty quiet, trying not to throw up, and thinking how bumpy it was in the back of the moving ambulance. Anyway, the very kind ambulance man asked again what had happened and after I relayed the story he said I was rather lucky I had put my hand out, else it would have been my face that got ripped open instead of my finger. 😱

I was just glad I didn't go over the fence to be the Doberman's chew toy.

Still not sure why the stitches turned out such a mess of lumps and knots. Though getting them out hurt way more than ripping my finger open or having them done in the first place. To this day I have never seen anyone with anything similar regardless of placement, when comparing scars. I understand too that 13 stitches is a lot for such a small area.

If anyone has a messy scar from stitches (instead of these neat thin lines I keep seeing) I'd like to know I'm not alone, however, please note, if it's on unmentionables I don't need to know that badly! 😉

Thanks very much @bumblepants for hosting and yep, spot on that the bonus ball was drawn before number 38 was reached on the thread.
    alldarkerBumblepantsMr_Cross
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 608
    I had my first known sublaxation in 2003, and then during the following decade I had somewhere in the region of 30-40 further occurrences, including 2 full dislocations. Notable occurences happened whilst skydiving (never a good thing to be falling towards earth and not concentrating on your altimeter because you are in unimaginable pain), another time when I was seakayaking and capsized (also never a good thing to be upside down underwater in your kayak with a useless arm), another time I was competing in Ironman 70.3 Majorca and was 1km out to sea when it popped out (yep, I popped it back in and finished the race). After 10 years I was fed up and knew more physio wouldn't work, so I had a full shoulder reconstruction which has left me with a good 2-3" scar on my shoulder (here is why: https://www.ypo.education/orthopaedics/shoulder/latarjet-procedure-t238/video/). Yip I still get grossed out watching a video of what they did to me but hey it fixed my issue :D

BumblepantsToc13catwrangler
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 507
    My biggest scar is actually from my appendix surgery when I was 12. I've got plenty of other small ones, but nothing that really has an interesting story behind it, just minor cuts and whatnot.
    Bumblepants
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 130
    I really can’t remember where most of my scars are from but I do have one on my thumb from when I had the chicken pox as a kid. I was allowed to play with my best friend until all the spots had scabs and that was the last one so I picked it off.
    BumblepantsvizzitorKungFuKenny
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,371
    Heh, I think there's only one scar that I actually know the origins of which is my appendix surgery from 3 years ago. 2 tiny ones. :-)
    Bumblepants
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 227
    edited August 27
    Thanks for this @Bumblepants . I completely forgot this was a thing.

I have 3 scars that I remember the origins of. One from fighting, one from a knife attack and the other from extreme sports.
    The fight that gave me a scar on my chest was with my cousin over who got to look after a younger cousin. She scratched me with her nails and got her way.
    I attacked a horse chestnut shell with a penknife to get at the conker inside but it overpowered me and sliced a fleshy bit out of my middle finger.
    Both of those were at an age where I should have known better but the "extreme sport"  I invented at the age of 12 really takes the biscuit. You take a small child's scooter by the handlebars then spin around looking at the wheels until everything else goes spinny. Now the fun begins! Time to use the scooter...or put one foot on it, topple over the front and land face first on the ground.
    No big scars, no hospital visits and they are all either covered over with hair or pock marks from my equally genius method of dealing with chickenpox.
    BumblepantsFizyxCymbeline
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,707
    vizzitor said:

The fight that gave me a scar on my chest was with my cousin over who got to look after a younger cousin. She scratched me with her nails and got her way.

Out of interest, did you have to look after the cousin as you lost or were you actually fighting for the right to look after the cousin?
    vizzitorstlux