Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Tower Set

I was recently given this set but have no real idea what it would have been used for. The address is somewhere on the Surrey University research site. Any ideas?
Astrobricks

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 481
    I really have no idea on this, but I can put a limited range on when it was made.  Based on the logo and the sales company it would have been made between 1993 to 1998.  LEGO UK Ltd started in 1993 and the logo was used until 1998.
    madforLEGOMynattGefraldoPerezBrainsluggedKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 811
    Can be further narrowed down - UK phone numbers were changed to begin 01 in April 1995.
    GefraldoPerezBrainsluggedKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • GefraldoPerezGefraldoPerez Member Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone. So I’m guessing it’s some kind of training tool and there would have been some literature with it?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,023
    It might have been connected with other activities. For example, I remember doing a team building course once in which you had to collect lego pieces to use in a final activity - building a tower. Similary at another recruitment exercise, an exercise on writing contracts about building a series of towers and the final part was that you had to build towers to fulfill the contracts (but had limited resources, so had to decide which contracts to not fulfill or negotiate with other teams, and so on).
    AstrobricksGefraldoPerez
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    Very odd... it does look like some kind of a test or part of a project as @CCC memtioned... but it doesn't look like enough elements for a group project, possibly an individual test of creativity?  I am not sure.

But it reminds me of the #21050 Studio Architecture Set of 1913, but there are only 4 part sizes (that we can see)... 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 bricks and 2x8 plates.

I wonder if this is a University test of sorts, to test individual creativity.  We don't really know.

But it reminds me of the Tullinløkka Park LEGO fest in Oslo Norway about a dozen years ago.  There TLG dumped a million white bricks of varying sizes onto the park, with tables to display creations built by passersby.

I guess we'll never know for sure, unless some documentation shows up....
    stluxmadforLEGOoldtodd33catwranglerLusiferSamBaby_Yodapxchris