Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2020 Modular Rumors

1356711

Comments

  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,908
    There is a lot of chat on EB about it being a bookstore.

    FizyxBrickchap
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,310
    Seeing as the official reveal can't be too far away, I think I'll try to avoid leaks and wait for the official announcement. Assuming there are leaks at some point, it'll be interesting reading everyone's comments before seeing the actual thing. That's if I still have any willpower. Which is a big if.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    klinton said:
    It's not likely to happen, but I'd love to see Modulars that were designed to fit with other themes. Like a haunted modular for hidden side. Or a secret spy base modular for the old Agents theme. 
    I wouldn't mind a large D2C set associated with existing themes (akin to Apocalypseburg, the Death Star, or Ninjago City), but I'd be annoyed with modular buildings. Like, a Hidden Side modular would instantly diminish the display presence of the existing structures in the theme.

    The distinct difference between the CE modulars and... well, literally every other Lego building, ever... is why I don't collect them. They're very lovely, and look to be fun to build, but I don't really have any use for a flower shoppe that makes my space castle or haunted high school look out of sorts. When you collect the modulars, you're pretty much limited to that line (and your own mocs), to the exclusion of everything else Lego has to offer. I'd rather have stand out fantasy buildings (and, really, anything and everything City and Creator have to offer) on the shelf than a lovely 'anywhere America' street... if that makes sense?
    I can do both. It just requires a much flatter wallet.
    klinton
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,179
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I can do both. It just requires a much flatter wallet.
    You get what you pay for though. The modulars feature interesting design innovations and fantastic ppp ratios. I totally get the appeal.
    M1J0E
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,083
    There always a few 'modular' scale buildings that pop up in different themes.  

    All of us that buy traditional modulars probably have the Old Fishing Store, the GBHQ, the Fairground sets and maybe a Temple of Airjitsu, Arkham Asylum and/or the Sanctum Sanctorum.
    M1J0Edspigelgmonkey76Fizyxvwong19Baby_YodacatwranglerAddicted2Oxygen
  • LegoEveryoneLegoEveryone Virginia, USAMember Posts: 11
    CCC said:
    There is a lot of chat on EB about it being a bookstore.

    What is EB? 
    bmwlego
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 89
    ^ Eurobricks, a different LEGO forum
    bmwlego
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,908
    SumoLego said:
    There always a few 'modular' scale buildings that pop up in different themes.  

    All of us that buy traditional modulars probably have the Old Fishing Store, the GBHQ, the Fairground sets and maybe a Temple of Airjitsu, Arkham Asylum and/or the Sanctum Sanctorum.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to see Creator Expert sets derived from other themes, especially licensed ones. However, I have no problem with Creator Expert / modular style builds in other themes, such as the Haunted House in MF.
    Fizyxgmonkey76SumoLegoBrickchapcatwranglerAddicted2Oxygen
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,360
    Every year the popular rumors are bookstore and police station. Can’t wait for to not be either of those hahaha :P
    FizyxklintonBumblepantsMCNwakeboardM1J0EBaby_Yodagmonkey76Penkid11
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,179
    CCC said:
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to see Creator Expert sets derived from other themes, especially licensed ones. However, I have no problem with Creator Expert / modular style builds in other themes, such as the Haunted House in MF.
    What's the difference? The markings on the box? I don't understand how the presence or absence of the 'Creator Expert' logo makes any difference....
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 464
    forgive my ignorance. what is "D2C"?
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,179
    panchox1 said:
    forgive my ignorance. what is "D2C"?
    Direct to consumer. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,083
    panchox1 said:
    forgive my ignorance. what is "D2C"?
    This threat always helps.

    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/2798/abbreviation-acronym-list-collectors-edition#latest

    Although, I maintain objections to some of the abbreviations.  'MilF' being one of them.  I still think that is a dumb abbreviation.  MF is my preference, so I can use it as an expletive.
    KungFuKennyAstrobricksbgl_84mustang69LittleLorigmonkey76catwranglersid3windrAddicted2Oxygen
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,179
    SumoLego said:
    Although, I maintain objections to some of the abbreviations.  'MilF' being one of them.  I still think that is a dumb abbreviation.  MF is my preference, so I can use it as an expletive.
    Given the intense adoration for the model displayed by it's fans, I dunno that 'MiLF' is necessarily a bad moniker... 
    KungFuKennyFizyxomniumLittleLoriM1J0EBaby_YodacatwranglerAddicted2Oxygen
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 599
    We all know it should really be MilFILF.

    Or is that just me?

    It’s just me.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportSumoLegoBaby_Yodacatwranglersid3windr
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,245
    edited November 2019
    SumoLego said:
    panchox1 said:
    forgive my ignorance. what is "D2C"?
    This threat always helps.

    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/2798/abbreviation-acronym-list-collectors-edition#latest

    Although, I maintain objections to some of the abbreviations.  'MilF' being one of them.  I still think that is a dumb abbreviation.  MF is my preference, so I can use it as an expletive.
    I remember that thread having some interesting acronyms.  Quick review and one in particular stands above the rest: FARTS for “Fire and Rescue Truck Set”...


    BumblepantsSumoLegoFizyxmadejp86LittleLoriBaby_YodaDoktorL
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,900
    CM4S said:
    Every year the popular rumors are bookstore and police station. Can’t wait for to not be either of those hahaha :P
    This is the first year I have not seen anyone says it will be a police station, this can mean only one thing!
    BumblepantsKungFuKennywardmSumoLegoFizyxBrickchapBaby_Yoda
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,083
    edited November 2019
    (Thread)

    Also, it's a police station!!!!

    (Completely unsubstantiated reactive internet speculation.)
    BrickchapBaby_Yoda
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 276
    Wait someone Farted in the Police Station?
    SumoLegoBrickchapLittleLoriM1J0EDoktorL
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,083
    No, there's a FARTS with a SNOT and a MilF at the Modular (unsubstantiated internet rumor) Police Station!
    KungFuKennyBrickchapFizyxLittleLoriM1J0EMr_CrossDoktorL
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,179
    edited November 2019
    SumoLego said:
    No, there's a FARTS with a SNOT and a MilF at the Modular (unsubstantiated internet rumor) Police Station!
    A Ren and Stimpy modular?! 
    madejp86Mr_CrossAddicted2Oxygen
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,083
    (It includes Powdered Toast Man, and a Log.)
    Mr_Cross
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 700
    So many comments, so little news...
    SumoLegoLittleLoriKungFuKennyMr_CrossJ0rgenDoktorLFollowsClosely
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 424
    klinton said:
    SumoLego said:
    No, there's a FARTS with a SNOT and a MilF at the Modular (unsubstantiated internet rumor) Police Station!
    A Ren and Stimpy modular?! 
    I cannot wait for the 250 piece Log GWP.
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    We still have not seen a modular with a helicopter and rooftop landing pad 
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 327
    Anyone mention modular lighthouse yet?
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,591
    SMC said:
    CM4S said:
    Every year the popular rumors are bookstore and police station. Can’t wait for to not be either of those hahaha :P
    This is the first year I have not seen anyone says it will be a police station, this can mean only one thing!
    gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,451
    One of these times it has to be a police precinct so we can call it PP.

     Flag  Quote ·  1Like

    first page 5th post just saying.
    KungFuKennySMCPyrobugBaby_Yoda
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,908
    klinton said:
    CCC said:
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to see Creator Expert sets derived from other themes, especially licensed ones. However, I have no problem with Creator Expert / modular style builds in other themes, such as the Haunted House in MF.
    What's the difference? The markings on the box? I don't understand how the presence or absence of the 'Creator Expert' logo makes any difference....
    There is a big difference.

    The difference is not getting a normal modular one year but instead getting yet another Batman set (for example) badged as Creator Expert. A Gotham City police HQ might look good done in modular style, but there is no reason it should take up a slot in the modulars line. I would prefer to see a generic police HQ than a Batman police HQ if it was in the Creator Expert. Whereas if it was exactly the same set but not in the Creator Expert line, then it is fine.

    Putting licensed themes, or other LEGO themes, into the modular line just seems wrong to me. If someone is not a fan of that theme then they lose a sale and possibly a fan of the whole line in future. If LEGO want to make a big set for Batman or for Ninjago, then just put it into that theme and not "double badge" it as the theme and also as part of the modulars.
    gmonkey76klintonSumoLego
  • mtpelepelemtpelepele Virginia, USAMember Posts: 24
    Roller coaster enthusiasts' abbreviations are just as bad.  Back in 2000, the two biggest new coasters were Millennium Force and Son of Beast, so all of the discussion boards were filled with MF and SoB.
    KungFuKennyBaby_Yodathedingman5catwrangler
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    Oi! All you acronym fetishists, but what about the next modular?
    Any rumours yet?
    You know, only seven out of the fourteen modulars include apartments for one or a few minifigs to live in. Which means: lots of homeless minifigs!
    I really would not mind it if the new modular will just be that; a residential building with three apartments.
    ps.
    I never understood why Lego did not start making baseplates that are proper 'system' twenty years ago or so. That is to say: one plate thick base plates! It always annoys me, that buildings without baseplates don't fit with stuff next to it that is build on a baseplate (many sets that feature all sorts of buildings come without baseplates). The Lego baseplates are these thin, floppy, flimsy, crappy plates with a tendency sometimes to bend upwards, so they are no longer flush and don't sit plane on the flat surface of the table or where ever else.

    J0rgenKungFuKennyBrickfan50BrickchapMr_CrossMynattcatwranglerM1J0ELinuxBrickie
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,734
    And if you get a box of used parts, chances are good that you'll have some Assorted Random Sh*t Elements (ARSE). ;)
    KungFuKennymaaaaaaasid3windrAddicted2Oxygen
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,083
    Here's hoping for a Museum that could accommodate the latest Ideas set.
    KungFuKennyBrickchapMr_Crosscatwranglersklamb
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,245
    ^ I would second that if they choose tan this time instead of white for the color palette... :-)
    Brickchap
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,473
    SumoLego said:
    Here's hoping for a Museum that could accommodate the latest Ideas set.
    You mean to say the window panel with a museum sticker on the roof in the Capitol City set wasn't enough for you?
    SumoLegogmonkey76Mynattsid3windr
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,060

    You know, only seven out of the fourteen modulars include apartments for one or a few minifigs to live in. Which means: lots of homeless minifigs!
    I really would not mind it if the new modular will just be that; a residential building with three apartments.

    Thought you were going to suggest a homeless shelter.
    TheBigLegoskishikadiJ0rgenBaby_YodaM1J0E
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 932
    A museum would be nice.  I'm still disappointed that the Ideas museum didn't get picked.  That thing was nice.


    FizyxBrickchapPyrobugKungFuKennyMr_Crosssklamb
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    andhe said:

    You know, only seven out of the fourteen modulars include apartments for one or a few minifigs to live in. Which means: lots of homeless minifigs!
    I really would not mind it if the new modular will just be that; a residential building with three apartments.

    Thought you were going to suggest a homeless shelter.
    That might result in the following abbreviations: BB, TT or VV
    Bums Buildings
    Tramp Towers
    Vagrant Ville
    But then all these minifigs would still all be homeless, and where will the minifig live who runs those shelters? Plus, an extra surplus of bums included in this set. What a bummer!
    LittleLori
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,179
    I would actually fully dig a homeless shelter. Or even just a people pack. I was looking through my minifigs for parts that I could use for a wino to place in the Newbury rail station, but ended up going with Credence passing out his religious pamphlets. There just aren't enough disheveled minifigs.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76M1J0E
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    According to my brickset inventory I own 1674 minifigs (really have to recheck if that is entirely accurate). Imagine building a city with enough housing for all of them. A homeless shelter is not quite going to cut it. Besides, I much rather build some lavish palace like modular residency, for a few minifig occupants than some ramshackle bunk bed invested dilapidated shelter.
    There is a Hobbit elf minifig with a drunk face print, but he is flesh-tone. Certain pirate minifig parts are very useful for making wino drifter hobo minifigs.
    klinton
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,179
    I don't really get hung up on 'flesh' vs 'yellow', tbh. Credence is a 'fleshie', but I figured Newbury, of all places, would have need of salvationist zealots. :p

    I'm def going to have a look at pirates on Bricklink. This isn't the first time I've wanted a wino, and Chainsaw Dave is legit the closest I have to what my mind envisions a proper vagrant should look like. A ratty pirate body in a Hagrid hairpiece could be perfect! Thanks for the tip!
    LittleLorisklamb
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,245
    edited November 2019
    I don't know what you are talking about. Ramp and Pit plates are the coolest and any set that has one is a treasure.
    The humor on this forum is so dry at times that I honestly cannot tell if you are being ironic or not! :-)  If you are defending big ol' raised baseplates then kudos to you... if you are calling me not cool for liking them, well then I must take issue, sir!  #6195 , #7327, #6079, #6983 -- these are some of my favorite sets (yes I am old).  I'm hoping that the New Pirates Ideas set will come with the baseplate shown in the original submission also... 

    Ok, I've taken my moral stand for the day - please resume discussing homeless minifigure wino's  :-)
    BumblepantsFizyx560HeliportMr_CrossLinuxBrickieLittleLoridrdavewatford
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,591
    klinton said:
    I would actually fully dig a homeless shelter. Or even just a people pack. I was looking through my minifigs for parts that I could use for a wino to place in the Newbury rail station, but ended up going with Credence passing out his religious pamphlets. There just aren't enough disheveled minifigs.
    Don't forget about sw0723 Unkar's Brute from the book Chronicles of the Force. His torso is perfect for a homeless person/wino
    klinton
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 585
    klinton said:
    I don't really get hung up on 'flesh' vs 'yellow', tbh. Credence is a 'fleshie', but I figured Newbury, of all places, would have need of salvationist zealots. :p

    I'm def going to have a look at pirates on Bricklink. This isn't the first time I've wanted a wino, and Chainsaw Dave is legit the closest I have to what my mind envisions a proper vagrant should look like. A ratty pirate body in a Hagrid hairpiece could be perfect! Thanks for the tip!
    If you don't mind fleshie, I find DJ from #40298 to be a suitable wino. I have him on a park bench with a trans black bottle.
    klintonKungFuKenny
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 700
    Some of the dwarfs from the Hobbit would make good wino's as well! 
    klinton
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.