Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UK - Great Western Brick Show (Swindon) - 5th & 6th Oct 2019

LegoFan1970LegoFan1970 Member Posts: 81

Hello All,

Over the last few years I've met up with fellow Lego collectors to do swaps/trades for Lego sets at this show.

If there is anyone going on either day who has got anything on my wants list

https://brickset.com/sets/wantedby-LegoFan1970that they are prepared to swap/trade, message me (pm) your Brickset id and make your wants list public and I can see if there is anything you are looking that I've got that you may be interested in.I've got lots of New & Sealed sets in lots of genres, City, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Architecture, Ideas, Super Heroes, Lego Batman Movie, Creator, Technic, Scooby-Doo, Lone Ranger, to name a few.Am mainly interested in New & Sealed sets but may make an exception for old sets as long as they are complete with instructions (would prefer box as well but not a deal breaker)

Comments

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,827
    Your collection and wanted list isn’t public so can’t be checked for what you are after.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 791
    edited August 2019
    richo said:
    Your collection and wanted list isn’t public so can’t be checked for what you are after.
    It is, it's just that he's broken the link by appending "that" to it.
    Try here:

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,827
    omnium said:
    richo said:
    It is, it's just that he's broken the link by appending "that" to it.
    Try here:

Thanks.
  • LegoFan1970LegoFan1970 Member Posts: 81
    Thanks this demonstrates the problems with copy and paste
    Anybody got any sets they would be interested in swapping ?
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 255
    Thinking of going with my girlfriend. Are there many stalls selling stuff? How long do you tend to spend at the event?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,511
    There's always a hall at the end with traders in - the MK Lego store is usually there with a selection of current sets, along with about 3 or 4 traders with a good selection of older stuff.

I can't say how long people usually spend there, as I exhibit! But I'd say it'd be very easy to spend half a day - don't forget it's in a museum too, so you can look at all the railway exhibits as well. These days there's normally a brick pit/building tables, and there's always been a mosaic to build part of.

Add to that three Lego Robot Wars shows each day (usually 11am, 1pm and 3pm) for about half an hour each (get there early to bag yourself a seat!) and by the time you've had a break for lunch too, you may well be pushing towards a full day. It all depends how fast you go around the exhibits - if you spend a bit of time looking at them and chatting to the builders, you'll take a lot longer to get round than if you spend 10 seconds looking and then move on to the next one.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 398
    Is there an entry fee? Not that would put me off, but neighbours went to a 'display' over the summer and were charged 24 for 1 adult and 2 kids and had to pay to 'play' with the lego that was out to build with. Needless to say, they'll not be going back there again
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,247
    edited September 2019
    The fee is the standard museum admission (I think) and includes the rest of the museum as well. There are some things that you'd need to pay to do (such as the tombola) but generally any building activities (mosiac, brick pits etc) are normally free. 
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 398
    Found online, should have checked first  :)
    www.greatwesternbrickshow.com £13 adults £10 children

Happening this weekend