Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO and Craigslist, Gumtree, Oodle, etc.

JMasterJMaster USAMember Posts: 9
So, I got a great LEGO Elves lot from Craigslist some time aog, and I wanted to know what others thought of getting LEGO from it and other similar sites. Do you use it regularly? Do you find anything unusual there? What are the best finds you've gotten from there? There's tons of other stuff I'm interested to see, thanks and have a good one!

Comments

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 526
    edited August 11
    Most people put their best finds in this thread The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!
    CCCLittleLori
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 57
    In my experience it seems like the days of finding amazing bargains on Craigslist are fewer and farther between.  Parents cleaning out their kid’s room know the value of old Lego and usually price accordingly... although it can be fun to try to recreate old sets from the occasional mixed box of bricks.  I have had some good finds on eBay but you have to be patient... usually I’ll set up a watch list and wait for vintage sets to fall to a certain price before biting
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,776
    Facebook Marketplace has been a better source for secondhand LEGO in my area.  CraigsList tends to elicit lots of scam e-mails, so I see people staying away from it.
  • Isocleas2Isocleas2 ArizonaMember Posts: 4
    I've found some local deals using the apps "Let Go" and "OfferUp", I've also sold some toys on these apps during the holiday rush. 

Craigslist just doesn't seem to be as popular as it used to be, I still search for stuff on it once and awhile but its been probably a couple years since I found anything worth bragging about. 
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 720
    I've used Letgo and occasionally find deals. It has less traffic than, say, Facebook Marketplace, but due to that deals seem to remain a bit longer.
    SumoLegoLordmoral
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 429
    Here Kijiji is king it seems with whatever you might want on offer. But given what people ask you may as well hit up bricklink though there’s the occasional deal to be found that won’t last long. My wife is the queen of FB marketplace but then she goes for friends which it seems is one theme more likely to be parents selling kids sets & willing to let them go for a little less. I’d like to try my own bricklink store for that matter if I was a little better at hunting down deals that could be profitable. 
    LittleLoriLordmoral