Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Some PoweredUp sets have 0 pieces

LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 6
edited August 9 in The Database
I recieved XML files of all my sets with the Brickset API. 3 of these 60 sets have an empty <pieces /> field. Why?

Here are the set numbers: 88008-1, 88011-1, 88007-1

Example XML file from 88007:
  <sets>
    <setID>28574</setID>
    <number>88007</number>
    <numberVariant>1</numberVariant>
    <name>Distance sensor</name>
    <year>2019</year>
    <theme>Powered Up</theme>
    <themeGroup>Technical</themeGroup>
    <subtheme />
    <pieces />
    <minifigs />
    <image>true</image>

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,413
    Because we haven't recorded piece counts for every single set yet
  • LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 6
    But I see the number of pieces on the set page, for example the train motor with 7 pieces: https://brickset.com/sets/88011-1/Train-motor

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,374
    Lebostein said:
    But I see the number of pieces on the set page, for example the train motor with 7 pieces: https://brickset.com/sets/88011-1/Train-motor

When I look at the page for #88011 there is no “PIECES” entry under Set Details, but there are 7 parts shown on the PARTS tab. I think that’s what @Huw means by piece count. As to why that discrepancy exists, I have no idea.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,413
    ^ The former is recorded and verified manually, either from the box, BrickLink, or [email protected], while the latter comes from LEGO's published inventory, which is not often 100% accurate.

So, in the case of relatively uninteresting and low-profile sets like this motor, we simply haven't got round to doing it.
    Astrobricksgmonkey76