Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Anyone interested to sell the recent Walmart sale items? (Elsewhere)

CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
edited January 2012 in Marketplace
I am looking for someone possibly from the US who would be willing to sell the recent items on sale from Walmart. I am willing to pay shipping to my country obviously. But I would not like to pay a higher markup. Is there someone out there who can help me acquire some spare multiple sets at a lower price??? I would really appreciate the trouble.

Comments

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Since you didn't mention anything specific, is it our choice what to send?
  • forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    In case this turns into a general purpose "Brickset users helping Brickset users with recent clearance purchases" thread, I'm looking for a Slave I or Hogwarts Express from the recent Walmart clearances. If anyone has one they'd be willing to part with at an affordable price, please Brickset mail me.
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 63
    I'll add to the pile-on: I'd love to get my hands on a Walmart-Clearanced MVR at a reasonable price. Send me a PM on Brickset with your price.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    @Coolsplash just a suggestion - in the future it might be more successful to request someone purchase you these items while the sale is going on. I know I didn't buy any of the Wal Mart sale items, but if yourself or others on here had spoken up during that time looking for a middle-man for them, I would have happily tried to help.

Even in sales I do partake in, I am either buying stuff for myself only, or as an investment that I hope to turn into a future profit sale. Outside of an occasional here or there as a friendly favor, I am unlikely to part with those items in bulk later at a discounted price, but I would have happily bought more at the time, and passed along the savings had someone made the request. For example, maybe I go in and buy 4 of something on clearance - 1 for me, and 3 to sell. If someone comes in here later, I'm not going to (outside of the above-mentioned favor) turn around and give away all my potential profit that I spent time and money and planning on. But I would have happily bought 4 more for you or someone else had it been pre-arranged.

Just my two cents, as we say.
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    @Coolsplash just a suggestion - in the future it might be more successful to request someone purchase you these items while the sale is going on. I know I didn't buy any of the Wal Mart sale items, but if yourself or others on here had spoken up during that time looking for a middle-man for them, I would have happily tried to help.

Even in sales I do partake in, I am either buying stuff for myself only, or as an investment that I hope to turn into a future profit sale. Outside of an occasional here or there as a friendly favor, I am unlikely to part with those items in bulk later at a discounted price, but I would have happily bought more at the time, and passed along the savings had someone made the request. For example, maybe I go in and buy 4 of something on clearance - 1 for me, and 3 to sell. If someone comes in here later, I'm not going to (outside of the above-mentioned favor) turn around and give away all my potential profit that I spent time and money and planning on. But I would have happily bought 4 more for you or someone else had it been pre-arranged.

Just my two cents, as we say.
    I agree 100% ^^
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Well, I missed the chance couple of times, and I did ask around but I guess I asked the wrong people.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I agree that it would make more sense to simply put out a feeler for whatever specific sets you're interested in. As I read it, you're basically asking forum members to sell you (at cost) any sets they bought from a specific retailer 3 weeks ago. I'm all for Bricksetters helping out other Bricksetters during big sales and for specific sets, but this request seems a little vague and presumptuous.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,228
    "Well, I missed the chance couple of times, and I did ask around but I guess I asked the wrong people."

Reality bites, my friend - while I've seen a lot of examples of people putting themselves out for fellow forum members, expecting total strangers to provide you with a bunch of sets at cost, package them up and send them halfway around the world seems a tad over-optimistic to me.....
    exactly. I'm happy to do a one-off favor for someone that I "know" from around here, but if someone wants me to become a regular middle-man for them, I am going to expect to make a profit on it that is worth my time and effort, which I suspect would be inconsistent with the prices someone would be willing to pay for the service.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    What do I get back?
    Guys, did I mention I would only pay the cost? I guess not. I am willing to work at a decent enough markup or service charge you can say. I know there are no free lunches on Sunday or other days of the week and its not being professional to expect someone to work for free. I am not in a place to get deals/offers otherwise I would help anyone out for a fair price.

PM me with whatever you have on your mind about this.
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    It was also kind of hard to post when this sale happened as many a places were wiped out right away, with people filling carts up with the stuff. I worked the day after so I was not on here. The guy at my walmart said basically one person came in and bought all the stuff, except the $5 sets and some of the SW Advents that were in a diff clearance section. I also figured one of those people on here that posted about buying 50 of each set would be nice enugh to help someone out. I understand what coolsplash is saying to a point.
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    ^I remembered you from the Walmart thread. You were looking for a MVR, and had asked twice (?) if anyone could help you out? Did anyone come through for you?
    on that note, I do happen to have an MVR lying around I am willing to part with at my cost. I did NOT get it during that particular sale, so I didn't offer before, but I did get it for 20% off US RRP back on Black Friday, so I would be willing to part with it at that price (55.99), plus shipping/fees.

I didn't mention it previously, because I assumed that was a higher price than was being looked for.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ Like
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    @doughts and others. There are those of us that offered our sets, but no one bit. On January 7th, I mentioned that I also had a MVR, but not at 50%. I had no takers at my cost (about 25% off).

@romdam, thanks for understanding what I have been trying to say.

On a note over MVR, I wanted to ask if $75 (with shipping to my country) is a fair price to pay for it right now?

@bor2112, I guess I have missed your post that day or else I would have worked on something with you surely as I have been asking around to be helped out and always mentioned IF someone has multiples, I would be willing to pay a fair markup on the costs.
    I should also add that my offer above was intended for people who had missed out and wanted it for personal use/gift and intended it to be immediately opened and played with - as a friendly favor.

I'm not willing to pass it along at my cost to someone whose intention is simply to hold it for future profit sales, in which case I would just do that myself.

Obviously, I would be relying on the honor system in this regard.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    @Coolsplash, sorry that you missed it. $75 would have just covered my cost plus shipping. And, at the time, I would have been happy to pass it on as my son showed no interest. Since then, we have built it and really enjoy it. I truly hope you find one. I would link to the post, but cannot seem to make that feature work. It was on January 7th, however.
  • evileddie1313evileddie1313 Member Posts: 126
    As a occasional customer of Walmart, I have to say their prices aren't really anything special when dealing with Lego sets. Most stores have a poor selection. Target has better deals and a very nice selection(also some cool displays).
    @bor2112, I remember your post now so, thanks again and I am working on it and will update you guys :)

@evileddie1313, I might just ask you to buy some stuff for me in future :)
    my MVR mentioned above has been claimed, FYI.
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    Great, I come on here late and missed it AGAIN. Is there a message system someone could have got to me on that set? I just got on here, read the offer, now it's gone. Hopefully someone who bought extras of the MVR can get ahold of me somehow.
  • danadana Member Posts: 2
    Id be willing to trade for sets that I am wanting rather than just willing to ship to you and collect money. PM me if youre interested in any of the sets from WalMart and ill let you know if I got it.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    If anyone has Alien Conquest sets at 50%+ off and wants to sell/trade, let me know.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    ^Similar to Sidersdd, but looking for Harry Potter, will buy/trade if you have any of the HP sets from Walmart/Target post-xmas sales.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    edited January 2012
    I have several MVR sets... If someone wants to trade for something interesting or fun, I'd be interested...

edit: should note that I'm in Texas, USA, so people in the USA would be easier to trade with, but I won't rule out overseas if it makes sense.

edit 2: I should also point out that I paid full price for them (or pretty close to it), so these were not 50% off sets.

edit 3: I just checked, TRU is still selling these sets for $79.99, so if anyone in the USA wants one, there you go... Free shipping for it as well...
  • bucarooobucarooo Member Posts: 1
    Brand new here, but been actively buying & selling on Ebay & Brinklink since 2005!
    I bought 2 POTC White Cap Bay #4194 on 50% clearance ($42.50 w/ tax) noping to exchange for credit. Cant return anywhere since barcode has black sharpie line thru it. Be more than willing to sell for cost plus shipping & PP fees.