Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Modeltrainman's Free Instructions.

ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 287
edited October 12 in Building and Techniques
I know these are incredibly simple, but I just wanted to give something back, since Brickset has been so helpful, so I wanted to share instructions for a short flatcar. https://onedrive.live.com/?id=DAB0C6EDB39FA749!125512&cid=DAB0C6EDB39FA749 These are my first published instructions, so any comments or suggestions would be welcome! Enjoy!
madforLEGOdavetheoxygenmanPyrobugbenbacardigmonkey76dmcc0eMJeeNL560HeliportFizyxBaby_YodaBrickchapklintonMynattLittleLoriKungFuKennykiki180703FowlerBricks

Comments

• Bludchylde1Bludchylde1 Member Posts: 48
    Anyone else getting this "This file may not exist or is missing"?
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,247
    I am now. I thought it was working before, but maybe I'm confusing it with the above picture.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 287
    edited August 8
    Let me look. May need a new link. Here, sorry. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akmnn7PtxrDah9RIluHS9GQ_Oy9K9w?e=TcZu4o

gmonkey76
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 384
    I’m asked to log in to Microsoft OneDrive when clicking the link, unfortunately
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 287
    How strange! I'll have to try something else.

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,107
    Getting "403 Forbidden" with those links.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,841
    I really like this design. It's nice and simple.
    @Russell844, thank you! I wanted to start with something simple, that a kid, or family that's new to LEGO could do, without breaking the bank! I plan to do more instructions like this! @JudgeChuck I'll keep looking.  Not sure why people seem to be either able to get them or not.
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 446
    edited August 8
    Let me look. May need a new link. Here, sorry. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akmnn7PtxrDah9RIluHS9GQ_Oy9K9w?e=TcZu4o

This works for me, for what its worth...

[EDIT]
    Nice simple design that gives people a starting point for customization, thanks @Modeltrainman good work!
    @PJ76uk Oh, great! Glad to hear it! I'm definitely going to share some more stuff like this! I think it'd help people new to LEGO, which is what I want to do! :D
    PJ76uk
    Nice build. Simple and looks great.

The only criticism I would give is to decrease the size of the parts list in LPUB and pay attention to the layout. It's a step I've been guilty of multiple times and have had to redo many PDF files.

Its just a simple step which gives a cleaner look.
    edited August 9
    Thank you for the advice! I did the instructions in Stud.io, so, I'll have to look at LPub.
    I assumed you did it in LPub because that's a problem I run into when I'm distracted or rushing through setting everything up.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 767
    Thanks for sharing! Nice flatcar instructions. 
    Modeltrainman
    @bmwlego ;
    You're welcome! Enjoy!
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 40
    this is  cool. looking forward to more.
    Modeltrainman
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,465
    Very nice although in the UK such a short wagon would be 4 wheel, while bogie ones are typically double the length or so.
    @Huw, this will sound very ignorant, I'm sure, but because I'm from the US, I imagine the Troublesome Trucks from Thomas...That's what you mean by 4 wheel? 

Added some new instructions. Actually, now the title is a bit misleading. Could @Huw , or somebody maybe title it 'Modeltrainman's Free Instructions',please?
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,286
    Added some new instructions. Actually, now the title is a bit misleading. Could @Huw , or somebody maybe title it 'Modeltrainman's Free Instructions',please?
    Done.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,465
    edited October 12
    @Huw, this will sound very ignorant, I'm sure, but because I'm from the US, I imagine the Troublesome Trucks from Thomas...That's what you mean by 4 wheel? 

Yes. Here are a few examples of 4 wheel wagons, although not 'flatcars'.

Shorter wheelbase ones:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hmillington/albums/72157603208014490

Some much longer:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hmillington/albums/72157603210839981

Back in the day I used to travel the UK photographing wagons. I've only got round to scanning a fraction of my photos so far.
    gmonkey76LittleLori
    @drdavewatford , thanks! @Huw, thanks for the inspiration. I've decided, maybe I build a bit too regionally...(IE, I'm in the US, build only US. Will have to branch out.)
    drdavewatfordLittleLori